• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 03:36:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 575
Total: 575

Warm and sunny Thursday

Started by BallAquatics, November 16, 2023, 05:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Morning all.  It's been a bit so I thought I'd check in.

Our weather has been fantastic of late.  I've put over 300 miles on the motorbikes in the last week alone.  Forecast is for upper 60's with lots of sunshine again today!

At Monday's cancer treatment, my blood work showed that the cancer markers have dropped by 8 points.  Looks like the treatments are having the desired effects.

Super slow at work, or lack of work...  I've only worked 6 hours in the past 2 weeks.  Not that I'm complaining, I think I could get used to this.  Lol  Looks like it might be after the holidays before things pick up again.

Hope you all have a great day!

Ron Sower

Hi Dennis! Good to see you here! I was telling a friend a couple days ago how you had less time at work and were rehabbing bikes and riding more. He works at Lowe's and said work has dropped off there. He was just moved from stocking to the contract desk. Yet, another friend was at Lowe's or H.D. Last Sunday and said the parking lot was crammed full of cars!

We're in Tacoma at our Daughter's home right now. She and our Granddaughter picked us up at the airport around 5:30 yesterday. It's so good to see them. The temp at the present is 40 and expected high is 47 today. That's 30-40 degrees cooler than at home. 🥴 My feet have been cold since we got here!

I've had Tramadol and Tizanidine in the past, Willie, and one of them made me itch all over. Can't remember which. I'm not using either right now. Also, No Hydrocodone either. Like you, most of the time I'm careful about the way I move.

Jen and her SO are both working today, so I'll be working on some club stuff. We have the Christmas party coming up on Dec 3 and I've got to get the announcement posted. Also need a speaker or program for January.

Liz and Barb, how you guys doing?

Good day all!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Dennis and Ron and everyone. Dennis I am very happy for you that your markers are headed in the right direction. Prayers are with you.

I've been very busy this week with doctors appointments and car servicing appointments. I can't believe my car has 50K miles on it already. It seems like I just rolled it out of the lot no more than 2 years ago but it has actually been in service 4 years. I am now looking for a new set of tires. Good new tires are pretty expensive these days. I am probably going to get the new tires from Costco.

I had an ophthalmologist appointment today and had my eyes dilated. I hate that but because I have high pressure in my eyes they are checked out twice a year. My cataracts are starting to get worse but we are not at the surgery stage yet and my optic nerve is still stable. I also have freckles in the back of both of my eyes that they keep an eye on because they can turn cancerous.

At the moment I am waiting for the dilation to wear off so that I can do some water changes on the Discus tank but it is taking a long time.

Ron, I am pretty sure that it is the tramadol making you itch. It does it to me also. Hydrocodone can make you itch too.

Wishing you all a great day.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hello gentlemen.  It's always nice when you pop in, Dennis.  It's so good to hear that your markers are headed in the right direction.  Keep it up!

I'm bummed about the weather.  We have had nothing but overcast for over a week.  The weather experts kept promising rain.  They'd always move the rain one day in the future all that time and all we ever got was enough so my scooter didn't lose traction on the sandy parts of my dirt road.  We need the rain more than I can ever remember us needing it.  If we can't have sun at least let us have a nice downpour.  They're telling us now that another front is coming through and that we will get one inch between Monday and Tuesday of next week.  It won't be nearly enough but it would make everybody feel good.

Willie and Ron, so far I've been lucky with drugs.  I don't get the side effects.  I was happy to get the my blood work back letting me know that I'm as perfect as an old lady can be.  I'd been worried about my liver because of my long history of drinking.  Seems the only part of my body that has betrayed me is my back.  Although a disintegrating spine has put a huge cramp on my style, I'm dealing with it well.  I'd rather have teeth than no teeth but I'm managing that situation as well.

Nothing here is ever exciting.  All the fish are doing well.  My Discus babies are growing very well.  Chicken Chicken is happy.  She is kind of a PITA to make go outside in the fall and winter months.  I'm the boss, though and she will go even though sometimes I need to threaten her with a stick.  The babies still bother me to take them for their run-run and I almost always give in to them even when it's overcast and chilly out.  The funny thing is that every one of them nags me, but sometimes I only have 2 come the entire way with me.  Bruno and Stubby always go the whole way.  Fat Pop usually makes it.  Poor old Big Head can rarely make it past Judy's backyard.  Pearl, my sissy girl turns around and goes back home if any dogs bark when they hear us, even if the neighbor's dogs are barking from inside.  I feel sorry for her being that fearful.

It's 'bout WC time, so I guess I'll shut my trap and get to work.

Always move forward. Never look back.