• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 02:33:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 547
Total: 547

Monday Morning

Started by wsantia1, November 13, 2023, 10:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It was another cold start to the day with the low temp at 30 degrees when I got up. It is now 46 degrees under sunny skies with very light winds. We will top out at a high temp of 53F this afternoon.

I've been playing around in the fishroom but I have to make a store run in a little while so I'll finish up the water changes this afternoon.

I've been doing well with the Discus so far and the two largest ones have grown nicely and are always together. They are the top Discus in the tank and I am hoping that they will turn out to be a pair.

I am tempted to throw a cone into the tank to see if they get interested in it. I got them in March at less than 3 inches and I know that they are about 6 inches now. The smaller ones are about 5 inches at most.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check on you all later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It sounds like it should be about time.  Do you see them shimmying or bowing together at all?  As a first-timer, would be fun to have you in the contest.  Pictures aren't a requirement.  There's a fellow on Simply who is also a first-timer but he's embarrassed that he might fail in front of "the entire Discus world".  How silly.  It's all about having fun, not showing the world that you're a great breeder.  As a first-timer, I'm sure you would be full of excitement in your thread.  Do think about it.  The deadline has been extended 2 days until the 17th and lasts for 3 months which gives you plenty of time to fail a few times and try until they get it right.  Think about it.

For once the dogs didn't nag me to death to go for a run-run.  It might finally be too gloomy and miserable outside for them to want to go.  That's fine with me.  Still no rain other than a light misting if that even counts, but it just isn't nice run-run weather.  Now I have to wait until bedtime to be nagged.  They're ready for bed before I am.

My Discus babies went free swimming this morning and are now in with the parents.  I don't think that there are enough kids in this big tank for the pair to bother with, but there is nothing I can do but wait and see.  There's always the next spawn.

My back is much better today than yesterday but I'm still being lazy, just because I'm lazy. 

Barb, I hope you're feeling better today.  Ron, you are the traveling man.  I don't know how you manage the energy.  I understand that envy is one of the 7 deadly sins.  I guess I'll be going to hell.  I'm very envious of you.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

You discus ppl are fantastic! You are doing such good jobs!

Liz, I may travel around a lot, but I'm not doing what I used to do a lot of which is hiking in the areas I travel too. I miss that. Scouts had camping and hiking. Fishing had hiking into fun spots and wading in rivers. Teaching biology had field trips to many natural areas. And so on. But my feet, back and knees really won't allow it now. But at 76 I guess I should expect that. 😢 Plus I think I'm getting lazy. 🤣🤣🤣

So I wrote yesterday that we're going to see our Wa family, leaving this Wednesday and returning Monday evening. Well, we decided to leave the following Wednesday and drive to Sierra Vista in southern Az and go to an old mining town called Bisbee. Tombstone is down that way also. We've not been to Bisbee and Sierra Vista yet and it's been on my bucket list. Last year we spent Thanksgiving in Sedona and ate the t-day dinner at a nice restaurant. We've checked and so far can't find a restaurant open on t-day down there!!,🤣🤣🤣😩😩😩
So we're gonna see what we can find. We hear Chinese restaurants may be open!! Maybe we can get turkey fo young! 🤣🤣🤣

Weather here is absolutely beautiful. Mid 70s to low 80s and sunshine.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron