• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 02:58:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 565
Total: 565

Vetererans day weekend

Started by LizStreithorst, November 11, 2023, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning everyone.  I hope everyone is having a pleasant weekend.  As usual, I'm not doing anything special.

They've promised a greatly-needed rain starting this past Thursday, but all we've had so far is enough to settle the dust.  Now they are promising more starting Monday and ending Wednesday.  They say we'll get 2" during that time.  I'll believe it when I see it.

As usual, my dogs started nagging me to take them for their run around 9.  They won't leave me alone until I get dressed and off my ass and take them.  Does Kobi nag you for his walk in the dog park, Willie?  Mine are terrible!  I took them this morning and started with all 5.  Old Big Head made it farther than normal before he pooped out and went back home.  Pearl, who is afraid of her own shadow, ran back home when she saw Shawn outside his house, so I was left with 3.  I'm always proud of my fat girl Pip for making it the whole way.  Then she comes back in and eats some more to replace the calories she used up running the mile.  As usual, Bruno shows of his running skills.  Embarrassed that his 6-year-old father can outrun him so easily, Stubby tries to show him up by dancing as he runs.  Seeing him throw his rear legs from side to side as he runs.  Watching him dance always makes me laugh.  He also thinks he's a squirrel dog.  He loves treeing them.  Then he just stands staring at the tree waiting for the squirrel to come down, which of course never happens. None of the others could care less.

I've kept pretty busy for the past several days, but today I have nothing to do.  But When I leave the fishroom and go into the main house, the house almost shouts at me to clean it.  Of course, cleaning house is the last thing I want to do, but if I can get in the mood I'll tackle it.

The fish are all doing well.  I'm enjoying participating in the contest on Simply.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz Kobe does bother me when he wants to go out. He sit in front of me and burns a hole in me with his stare and then he'll start barking at me. Sometimes he'll sit in front of the garage door and that means he wants a ride to the park. If he sits in front of the main door I know that he just wants to go out.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

My dad on the right during WW II minesweeper duty. 

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

LizStreithorst

A scary dangerous job indeed.  Your dad was a brave man.

ghonk

Thanks Liz,he never talked about the war.
I was only about 25 when he died and never got around to asking about it,thinking i would have time later i guess.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

LizStreithorst

I understand that many times, when the guys go through traumatic times they stay silent about their war experiences.  If he were of a different disposition he'd have been telling you war stories.

Ron Sower

My father hardly ever mentioned it. He was a Navy gunners mate. I remember him talking once about the time they sank a German ship and they watched the poor fellows that they couldn't retrieve from the sea being attacked and killed by sharks. He cried when he told this. He took that with him to his death...I know for sure because of some of our last conversations with each other.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron