• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 09:12:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 509
Total: 509

Monday's coffee

Started by Mugwump, September 11, 2017, 05:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..morn'n all.....coffee's very good.....very good... |^|

...slept hard after a long day yesterday....today will be some putz'n and tidying up the fish room...yada yada...nothing planned...

...it's 49 degs now and we'll have a high in the mid 70's......with some heat moving back over the next few days....good mowing weather.. |^|

..need more coffee...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

This mornings coffee is great. The weather will be even better. Temp going up into the mid 70s with sunny skies and a light breeze.

I will probably be out most of the day but I have to squeeze in some water changes sometime today.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 11, 2017, 07:28:17 AM
This mornings coffee is great. The weather will be even better. Temp going up into the mid 70s with sunny skies and a light breeze.

I will probably be out most of the day but I have to squeeze in some water changes sometime today.

......the coed is off to classes but when she gets back we have errands to run too.....I feel a short nap coming on here in a bit tho... |^|
Jon

waterboy

Swap recovery day here.  Things tend to get displaced during bagging fish day.  I need to move some fish around to free up a tank for some new marbles I got from Jon.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on September 11, 2017, 09:58:36 AM
Swap recovery day here.  Things tend to get displaced during bagging fish day.  I need to move some fish around to free up a tank for some new marbles I got from Jon.

....you did well at the swap.... |^|...you should have some room.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...temps here are under 105 these days...going into the 90's later this week which i think is more normal for here this time of year...It was a year ago last week we arrived here to set up housekeeping....! It's been a good year...!

...today's plans: 1) Update the new memberships for GSAS (I'm the membership chairperson); 2) Install a small shelf over the living room TV; 3) Figure a way to hang some root wood near the top of my 54g; 4) Pool time...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on September 11, 2017, 10:32:26 AM

LOL  mostly  the excess from overcrowded tanks so there is not really a lot of extra. 

I have some Angels in tanks waiting for them to pair up.  They will have to be consolidated somehow as I have 3 10 gallon tanks full of pea sized ones that need to go into bigger tanks soon.  Need to sit down and do some creative thinking.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on September 11, 2017, 02:31:49 PM

LOL  mostly  the excess from overcrowded tanks so there is not really a lot of extra. 

I have some Angels in tanks waiting for them to pair up.  They will have to be consolidated somehow as I have 3 10 gallon tanks full of pea sized ones that need to go into bigger tanks soon.  Need to sit down and do some creative thinking.

.....easy solution...... 8) more tanks 8)
Jon

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on September 11, 2017, 03:29:16 PM

Working on it.  I have a way to add 4 more 20 longs.  That is all the room I have.  It might be 2 20 longs and 2 29s, but that is it, no more physical room.  I've been contemplating it for a while, but contemplation just turned into a plan. I am looking for some spotted cories, and black and white plecos, and I am getting some new KOI Angels and some L-140 plecos soon.  I really don't know why either, it is already getting to be too much to handle.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on September 11, 2017, 04:48:51 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 11, 2017, 03:29:16 PM

Working on it.  I have a way to add 4 more 20 longs.  That is all the room I have.  It might be 2 20 longs and 2 29s, but that is it, no more physical room.  I've been contemplating it for a while, but contemplation just turned into a plan. I am looking for some spotted cories, and black and white plecos, and I am getting some new KOI Angels and some L-140 plecos soon.  I really don't know why either, it is already getting to be too much to handle.

...I know what you mean...doing some guppy strains has lightened the 'load' a little bit....and I'm being more selective in my angel pairings too, which has allowed us to use of the valuable grow out space more efficiently.....it's helped...
Jon