• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 04:58:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

Monday coffee....

Started by Mugwump, July 24, 2017, 05:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Morn'n all....

..coffee's wonderful.... |^|....most excellent this morn'n... |^|....MMmmm  very good....delicious.... |^|

...a cooler morning here with expected high's in the low to mid 70's......not bad, we'll take it  8)

....errands and putz'n for us today.......might mow if the grass drys out... huh...all this rain and humidity really has things growing good....'maters' are starting to turn... huh

....off for more coffee now...brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great this morning. We finally got he rain I've been calling for so the ground is saturated and there is some local flooding in parts of the county. Not here though.

Some putzing and relaxing before I go pick up Kobe from the Kennel.

One final note: Little Ella-Gray arrived on Friday at 8:09 pm. She is my second great granddaughter. Of course I was in NYC for the last two days. We brought her home from the hospital yesterday and then I drove home in the storms. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Congrat's g'pa.... |^|

Pot #2 here.....might even be waking up..?  LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Congrats, Willie!

I slept outside again last night and woke up at six when it started drizzling on me.  I'll rain most of the day so I guess I finally have no choice but to tackle this filthy house.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Morning to ya....I woke up to rain on the roof tops today....Lucy asked me if I heard the storm...no, just rain...well, there was a lot of wind...nope, didn't hear it!....I't s 79F and 79% out there right now...Wow...!  Sun's trying to break thru now... |^|

...skeeters are loving it...last night I stepped out on the deck to watch Murf as he took his last pee across the street and I thought they were going to carry me off...I was spraying the bug-off all over me...

...today is probably gonna be a reading day...after I get a little issue at the credit union settled...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Willie

Ron Sower

So....Willie....You'r a GGPa now...again...Way to go....! |^|

...I hope I'll get there one day...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

House will pass for not filthy.  I wish that real cleaning weren't such a chore for me.  I like it once I get into it but it's hard for me to get into Big Clean mode because the house starts messing itself up as soon as I'm done.

My snots have been shipped and will get here either Wed. or Thrus.  Their home is waiting for them.  I hope that they are able to take large temperature swings.  I really think that I need to stick a heater in their container to help keep the temp somewhat more stable.  I know that they can take low temps or high temps but a 14 degree swing every day can't be any good for them.  Please advise...

My Angels will be shipped today and should arrive Wed.  I'm on pins and needles about this shipment.  It always seems to be the case that the fish you are the most excited about are the ones who arrive dead or bring unexpected problems or have some other disaster befall them.  I cleared out a 65 gallon for them.

Thank God that Ken and Twee at Pet Place want 12 mediums and as many as twenty smalls.  I told them that the only smalls I had were healthy runts that I hadn't culled.  They want them anyway.  I only found 9.  I'll ask a buck each rather than a buck fifty. 

Tammy from the wholesaler won't know until Wed. if they need anything.  They're going through a hard time because the boss fish guy is recovering from a kidney transplant.  It would help me greatly if they would take 100.

I only went outside in the rain to feed the horse.  The temperature has been low enough that I have not had to use the AC and I had my front door open.  Damned if 3  chickens didn't walk in the house looking for a feeding of scratch!  They each gifted me with a chicken poo.  It was just drizzling so I gave them what they were asking for.

Overall a lovely relaxing day.

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 24, 2017, 04:18:45 PM
So....Willie....You'r a GGPa now...again...Way to go....! |^|

...I hope I'll get there one day...!

I'm sure you will. Thanks |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 24, 2017, 04:26:36 PM
House will pass for not filthy.  I wish that real cleaning weren't such a chore for me.  I like it once I get into it but it's hard for me to get into Big Clean mode because the house starts messing itself up as soon as I'm done.

My snots have been shipped and will get here either Wed. or Thrus.  Their home is waiting for them.  I hope that they are able to take large temperature swings.  I really think that I need to stick a heater in their container to help keep the temp somewhat more stable.  I know that they can take low temps or high temps but a 14 degree swing every day can't be any good for them.  Please advise...

My Angels will be shipped today and should arrive Wed.  I'm on pins and needles about this shipment.  It always seems to be the case that the fish you are the most excited about are the ones who arrive dead or bring unexpected problems or have some other disaster befall them.  I cleared out a 65 gallon for them.

Thank God that Ken and Twee at Pet Place want 12 mediums and as many as twenty smalls.  I told them that the only smalls I had were healthy runts that I hadn't culled.  They want them anyway.  I only found 9.  I'll ask a buck each rather than a buck fifty. 

Tammy from the wholesaler won't know until Wed. if they need anything.  They're going through a hard time because the boss fish guy is recovering from a kidney transplant.  It would help me greatly if they would take 100.

I only went outside in the rain to feed the horse.  The temperature has been low enough that I have not had to use the AC and I had my front door open.  Damned if 3  chickens didn't walk in the house looking for a feeding of scratch!  They each gifted me with a chicken poo.  It was just drizzling so I gave them what they were asking for.

Overall a lovely relaxing day.

...they'll arrive just fine, Liz...... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm trying not to worry.  Once the fish are shipped it's in the hands of UPS (in this case).  Worrying does no good. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 24, 2017, 05:41:41 PM
I'm trying not to worry.  Once the fish are shipped it's in the hands of UPS (in this case).  Worrying does no good.

...yup.....is the UPS terminal close to you.....call and have them hold them for pickup......ours is only couple miles down the road..
Jon

LizStreithorst

I just heard from him.  He sent them USPS to my home address which is good.  I can pick them up at the break of dawn, bring them home and acclimate them. There was some confusion in communication over which shipper he would use.  Unfortunately, the tracking number he sent me brings up nothing.  He told me not to stress, to check it in the morning and if it doesn't work he will go to his local post office and find out why.

I will not stress, I will not stress, I will not stress ::)