• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 06:07:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 479
Total: 479

Everyone stop breeding...?

Started by Mugwump, June 07, 2016, 06:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...for the summer?....

Here we're getting some stock ready for the fall swaps.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I barely have time to properly maintain my fish at the present.....  no spawning projects planned at this time.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I'm waiting out the stupid Discus.  They have done nothing but flirt and shimmy and peck on the cone since they ate their wigglers about 5 weeks ago.  I have tweaked this and tweaked that but nothing has helped.  All I can do is wait for them to take the plunge again.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2016, 06:32:30 PM
I'm waiting out the stupid Discus.  They have done nothing but flirt and shimmy and peck on the cone since they ate their wigglers about 5 weeks ago.  I have tweaked this and tweaked that but nothing has helped.  All I can do is wait for them to take the plunge again.

....try putting them in a bucket for a bit, when doing a water change....then reintroduce them back to the tank.....I've tried it with non-performers a few times....and it works more than not.....even BN's....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

how long is a bit? 

I generally give them a WC every day.  It's the normal thing with Discus.  This last time I waited 3 days before I changed their water!  Sometimes stress like this works with recalcitrant pairs.  I imagine the bucket thing works in the same way.  I know it works with plants.  I hear it works with Discus.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I will probably start back up in late July or early August. My LFS says that busuness doesn't really pick up for him until the fall.

I think with the Angels I will probably be culling the hatchlings so I can keep the counts manageable.

I never stopped breeding the BNs. No problem moving those guys.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2016, 07:09:17 PM
how long is a bit? 

I generally give them a WC every day.  It's the normal thing with Discus.  This last time I waited 3 days before I changed their water!  Sometimes stress like this works with recalcitrant pairs.  I imagine the bucket thing works in the same way.  I know it works with plants.  I hear it works with Discus.

....just whatever time it takes to ...net em to the bucket and do the change....dawdle some along the way... |^|....you can even add a piece of wood for grins....they'll make the tank feel different to them..new digs, etc.... huh
Jon

ghonk

If i ever get my room arranged i want to split some pairs.

Dantum cross black lace male X Albino Dantum female

2 Dantum cross silver females X 2 Albino Dantum males

This should give me all of the 75% Dantum blood fish i need for my project,which is 75% or MORE Dantum blood Blues and Pinoys,including albinos with no other recessive genes.

I have some secret ones i will likely post once i get them moved,can't hold off    much longer. ;D

Very excited about those as future breeders and for crossing.   

BillT

I stopped breeding after my second kid.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on June 08, 2016, 11:23:52 AM
I stopped breeding after my second kid.

...LOL...took us three to learn the lesson... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

I've got about a gizillion daphnia going right now.....  does that count?   huh

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 08, 2016, 03:26:36 PM
I've got about a gizillion daphnia going right now.....  does that count?   huh

Dennis

LOL.....absolutely !!!
Jon

ilroost

Not home enough to strip them.

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on June 08, 2016, 07:44:39 PM
Not home enough to strip them.

....well retire gang it !!!.....sheesh...
Jon

wsantia1

I'm also breeding nuisance snails. huh huh huh huh huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.