• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 02:35:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,358
  • Total Topics: 18,544
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 80
Total: 81

Instant bbs

Started by Mugwump, March 17, 2016, 03:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..anyone else seen this...??

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

We were sent samples of this for the 2014 CAFE Convention.  I used it and thought it was fantastic.  Back then, it came with a tiny spoon.  I kept mine in the fridge after opening for several weeks.  I found it worked just as well as my daily hatch of BBS.  I suppose you can buy it on-line, but have never seen it at any local outlet.

Dennis

BillT

Am I correct in thinking the BBS are not swimming around just floating around dead?

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on March 17, 2016, 04:43:04 PM
Am I correct in thinking the BBS are not swimming around just floating around dead?

...basically.............yuppers..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

I would then use decapsulated BBS. I got something like a 1/2 liter of them (dried out) for about $15. They are made from very low hatch rate cysts which would be hard to sell anyway so they are cheap. Less labor involved than hatching and the eggs have more nutrition since the egg growing into a nauplii uses some of their energy stores up.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on March 17, 2016, 05:02:32 PM
I would then use decapsulated BBS. I got something like a 1/2 liter of them (dried out) for about $15. They are made from very low hatch rate cysts which would be hard to sell anyway so they are cheap. Less labor involved than hatching and the eggs have more nutrition since the egg growing into a nauplii uses some of their energy stores up.

I have de-caps too...but prefer to start with young, newly hatched bbs....then after a few weeks, I use both while introducing crushed foods....works great and a bit faster than just a simple transition.
Jon