• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 05:48:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,338
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 700
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 567
Total: 567

Hardly made a dent

Started by LizStreithorst, February 29, 2016, 11:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I took 40 fish to the LFS this morning and I can hardly tell the difference.  I'm still overstocked.  Later today after the carpenter visits I'll take a whole mess of dots and guppies to the shop.  I need to do some serious culling as well.  I need to make room for 4 more big Discus!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 29, 2016, 11:19:32 AM
I took 40 fish to the LFS this morning and I can hardly tell the difference.  I'm still overstocked.  Later today after the carpenter visits I'll take a whole mess of dots and guppies to the shop.  I need to do some serious culling as well. I need to make room for 4 more big Discus!

+1   |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I am satisfied.  I worked all day take fish here, take fish there, move fish, 60% WC on all tanks (yes I used all my water).  I feel like Barb and Jon.  Constant must do things  for weeks have me whupped.  I have a tank for the new Discus after they're QT period.  They'll go in a 120 with 12 other Discus.  I actually have an empty 29!  Imagine that.  I still have must do's next week as well as work.  Charlotte will have to suck it up and wait until I find time to do a job just for the joy of it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 29, 2016, 05:56:20 PM
I am satisfied.  I worked all day take fish here, take fish there, move fish, 60% WC on all tanks (yes I used all my water).  I feel like Barb and Jon.  Constant must do things  for weeks have me whupped.  I have a tank for the new Discus after they're QT period.  They'll go in a 120 with 12 other Discus.  I actually have an empty 29!  Imagine that.  I still have must do's next week as well as work.  Charlotte will have to suck it up and wait until I find time to do a job just for the joy of it.

..it's bad enough being old...without waking up 'feeling' old....geez Louise....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I didn't do a good job of making room. Moved my Plat pair into a 55 with 4 Blue Marbles and they proceeded to beat the pulp out of one of them.

I had to move him/her into a 20H tank that I had taken my Koi pair out of in order to put some juvie snots in. Now he is swimming all alone with a bunch of snots in the 20H. huh  >:(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 29, 2016, 06:50:27 PM
I didn't do a good job of making room. Moved my Plat pair into a 55 with 4 Blue Marbles and they proceeded to beat the pulp out of one of them.

I had to move him/her into a 20H tank that I had taken my Koi pair out of in order to put some juvie snots in. Now he is swimming all alone with a bunch of snots in the 20H. huh  >:(

...dang blue marbles were looking at his gal wrong, huh?.....had a few++ pair like that over the years....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 29, 2016, 06:55:34 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on February 29, 2016, 06:50:27 PM

...dang blue marbles were looking at his gal wrong, huh?.....had a few++ pair like that over the years....

Yes that's what I thought. With those flowing fins he didn't stand a chance against that Plat. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.