• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 02:37:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 797
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 792
Total: 792

Thursday dinner

Started by Mugwump, December 15, 2016, 05:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...yup, pork chops, mashers, corn, lima beans, and apple sauce.....MMMmmmm.....a nice big plate full too.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'd planned to eat out but I was done in Hattiesburg by 11 am and I don't get hungry until the afternoon.  I rummaged around the pantry and figured I could throw together a canned salmon casserole but I didn't have enough half and half.  So...I had a can of corned beef hash.  I know that it comes out of a can, but it sure is tasty.  I'm not the only one who thinks so.

The dogs always get my left overs.  I just put my plate down and 5 of the 8 dogs all go for it at once.  They never get into a fight.  Binky is fast and she always gets the best piece and takes it off..  Kate, Tink, Chole and Saint Puppy get a bit until Saint Puppy growls them away.  It's always like that.  But there was a fight over that corned beef hash.  All 5 were fighting, even Saint Puppy who doesn't like to fight.  It was a real fight!  I stopped Saint Puppy with my voice.  The little ones kept fighting.  I couldn't stop them with my voice and by moving them apart with my feet!  They decided to all gang up on Tink.  I finally put a stop to it by using my voice and  reaching with my hands into a fight among 4 small dogs, picking Tink up by the skin on her back and tossing her to the other side of the desk.

It all happened in less than a minute.  I didn't even have to get up from the desk.  Dogs nor hands are uninjured.  It just goes to show that canned corned beef hash is some good stuff.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 15, 2016, 07:40:31 PM
I'd planned to eat out but I was done in Hattiesburg by 11 am and I don't get hungry until the afternoon.  I rummaged around the pantry and figured I could throw together a canned salmon casserole but I didn't have enough half and half.  So...I had a can of corned beef hash.  I know that it comes out of a can, but it sure is tasty.  I'm not the only one who thinks so.

The dogs always get my left overs.  I just put my plate down and 5 of the 8 dogs all go for it at once.  They never get into a fight.  Binky is fast and she always gets the best piece and takes it off..  Kate, Tink, Chole and Saint Puppy get a bit until Saint Puppy growls them away.  It's always like that.  But there was a fight over that corned beef hash.  All 5 were fighting, even Saint Puppy who doesn't like to fight.  It was a real fight!  I stopped Saint Puppy with my voice.  The little ones kept fighting.  I couldn't stop them with my voice and by moving them apart with my feet!  They decided to all gang up on Tink.  I finally put a stop to it by using my voice and  reaching with my hands into a fight among 4 small dogs, picking Tink up by the skin on her back and tossing her to the other side of the desk.

It all happened in less than a minute.  I didn't even have to get up from the desk.  Dogs nor hands are uninjured.  It just goes to show that canned corned beef hash is some good stuff.

...yes it is....and even better with a few fried eggs on top....MMMMmmm
Jon

LizStreithorst

Everybody says that, but I prefer it without the egg on top huh

wallace

I haven't figured out dinner yet. Spent the day sloshing around in the mud, got home after dark so no chicken pics today. The dog chewed up my light hat that I use to split wood in the dark. It looks like a touch of solder will fix it.

The corned beef hash sure sounds good but there isn't any. I like fried eggs on the side, not on top.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Sounds like a not fun day, Dan.  Sorry...

Rjb3

We dined on the famous LD's barbecue. Picked up a pound of each: brisket, pulled chicken, pulled pork, smoked sausage, chili and corn bread.

We'll have the chili mixed with our scrambled eggs today on top of thin sliced corn bread. MMmmm.