• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 10:11:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 320
Total: 320

humming birds are gone

Started by LizStreithorst, October 26, 2014, 03:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

For a while they attacked my feeders with a vengeance.  They were tanking up for their long trip over the big water.  I hate it when they leave, but they couldn't survive here in the colder months.  There is a hummer that isn't often seen in MS that sometimes shows up during the winter here.  It's called a Rufus Hummingbird.  I hear that they're not flashy but I don't care about flashy.  I'll leave my feeders up in hopes of attracting one.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Ours are all gone too, flying to central America.  I will never get over amazement at what they do.  And the same ones come all the way back here to our feeders in Spring.
Barb

BallAquatics

PaulineMi

Hummingbirds have left here also. However I saw a viceroy butterfly flitting around in the yard today. Hopefully it hasn't lost its way.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

I still have butterfly's,  Mostly Sulfur's.  They'll be gone soon, too.  I hate the winter when everything either hunker's down or dies.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

We have Annas here in western Washington. Many of them stay thru the winter and we enjoy them year round. The Rufus come thru in the spring and fall migrating towards Canada and Alaska and back south.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

We didn't see as many Monarchs this year....odd....but the little wild river finches were all over the place tho, and our resident cardinals did fairly well, considering the severity of last years cold winter......correction, those are Manny's cardinals  ;D...he watches them in the bushes around our house, and meows at them.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson