• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 01:52:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 542
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 535
Total: 535

Damn generator

Started by LizStreithorst, December 12, 2016, 06:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It had been two months since I's cranked the generator.  I should do it every month.  I tried to crank it Saturday.  Gas line open.  Choke on.  Pull, pull, pull.  Go do something else, go back and pull, pull, pull.  NOTHING!  It didn't even try.  The cover blew off it during a big blow but we didn't haven't had a lot of rain.  I'll visit my neighbor Jack.  He knows how to do everything like a pro.  Time was when he'd have come down and fix it for me but he still loves to help with advice.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 12, 2016, 06:52:45 PM
It had been two months since I's cranked the generator.  I should do it every month.  I tried to crank it Saturday.  Gas line open.  Choke on.  Pull, pull, pull.  Go do something else, go back and pull, pull, pull.  NOTHING!  It didn't even try.  The cover blew off it during a big blow but we didn't haven't had a lot of rain.  I'll visit my neighbor Jack.  He knows how to do everything like a pro.  Time was when he'd have come down and fix it for me but he still loves to help with advice.

...flip the 'generator' switch to 'on'...?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yes, the key does that.  I turned it to "run".

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 12, 2016, 07:24:52 PM
Yes, the key does that.  I turned it to "run".

... |^| cool...don't laugh..we've all done it.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

What worked for me was turning the fuel line to the other 'ON'. lol
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on December 12, 2016, 07:30:18 PM

...had a neighbor trying to start his....I asked if it had gas?.....he says, yep, filled before I used it last time.....so I just left for a coffee refill.....LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mine has a gas gauge.  It worries me.  It says it's fuller than I remembered it being.  I thought that I'd be able to run it out of gas but the gauge says that it's 3/4 full.  The cover was off but I've looked and can think of no way that rain water could get into the gas tank.

If that is what happened could I find the gas like and drain the tank, and find the carburetor and squirt either into it?  That would have been easy to do on old small engines.  On these new ones, they hide all the working parts.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wallace on December 12, 2016, 07:30:18 PM

I think that the valve has just had one on but it's worth checking.