• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 06:57:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 766
Total: 766

Saturday hello

Started by Barb, February 05, 2022, 06:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends.  Sorry I missed you all yesterday, but I just finished reading your posts from the day.  It was 79 here for a couple hours yesterday afternoon!  But back down to cold now, 40 now, going into the 20's tonight.  What a rollercoaster this Winter is.

I spent 6 hrs yesterday in the hosptial where my mom is admitted, with a bad infection going on, unbeknownst to me.  She will be there a few days, more or less, getting excellent care, then go to a local nursing home for some rehab for up to 3 weeks, then I will decide if she is well enough to go back home to my care of her, or go to a permanent nursing facility.  I am getting her on Medicaid this  Monday, have an appt. at social services. Now she will quality for all the things she did not last week. But she is scared, very unhappy and worried, as is most understandable.  I don't think she knows what is going on.  When I called 911 yesterday, an ambulance was at her apt. in about 10 min. with our very excellent paramedics.  I must say that my little city has such great medical services and our hospital is one of the 5 best in all of the state, year after year.  But it was hard for me to spend 6 hrs. in the ER yesterday. It brought back so many memories of the many times I had my husband in there for 17 years.

I will let you know how things go.  Good thing I am strong and healthy, I need it.  You all have a good weekend.  Liz, the thought of little chicken feet marks in your floor sealer made me smile.
Barb

Ron Sower

Hi Barb and the rest of you when you peek in here!

Our temp today should get up to 64/67, depending on which app I look at! huh  Then tomorrow the low 70s...and by the end of next week high 70s/low 80s...! 8)

Lucy and I played Ron and Charlotte yesterday and we won.... Yay!!!

Today I'm gathering and bagging a lot of stuff to take to the swap meet tomorrow...taking my morning cereal break right now... |eat|...as I check my list I realize I've pre-arranged several trades and sale already...that's always good to know going in...

Barb, sorry to learn about your Mom, and I hope she recovers quickly...as a matter of curiosity, what's the difference from last week to now that will qualify her for what she could not qualify for last week?...

I'm going back to gathering up swap items...y'all have a good and happy aquariuming day now...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi friends.  Does nobody else know that today is have ice cream for breakfast day?  I've already celebrated with almond mocha fudge and may celebrate again after lunch.

I doubt that I'll get to any fun cleaning today.  Just plain old boring chores like paying bills and other dull stuff.

Barb, I wish both of you the easiest outcome to her illness.  Thank God she has a daughter who is good at taking care of stuff.  Stay strong.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. We are back in the cold today but even worse than the cold weather is the wind which is around 25 mph. Liz I had ice cream for lunch but I know that doesn't count.

I spent the morning finishing up the fishroom cleanup and I finally cleaned up the mess that I created on three tables. They are all empty, the garbage can is full and a bunch of plastic containers that belong in my kitchen are now in the dishwasher.

Barb sorry to hear about your mother's infection but I am glad to hear that Medicaid is able to help you out in your situation. It's great to hear that you have such good medical facilities. 

Ron all I can say is lucky you!!!

Pretty soon I have to take Kobe back out. Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 05, 2022, 11:41:22 AM
Hi Barb and the rest of you when you peek in here!

Our temp today should get up to 64/67, depending on which app I look at! huh  Then tomorrow the low 70s...and by the end of next week high 70s/low 80s...! 8)

Lucy and I played Ron and Charlotte yesterday and we won.... Yay!!!

Today I'm gathering and bagging a lot of stuff to take to the swap meet tomorrow...taking my morning cereal break right now... |eat|...as I check my list I realize I've pre-arranged several trades and sale already...that's always good to know going in...

Barb, sorry to learn about your Mom, and I hope she recovers quickly...as a matter of curiosity, what's the difference from last week to now that will qualify her for what she could not qualify for last week?...

I'm going back to gathering up swap items...y'all have a good and happy aquariuming day now...

Thanks everyone, she is better today. The IV antibio. worked fast and well.  Ron, last week she was not in the hospital and was not on Medicaid.  Now that she is admitted, and I have an appt. with social services on Monday. there will be a place for her, coming from the hospital.  Trying to find a place, when you are still at home is a whole different and hard thing to do.
Barb