• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 03:42:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,339
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 915
  • Online ever: 915
  • (Today at 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 540
Total: 540

Gas prices....??

Started by Mugwump, January 18, 2016, 01:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...did you see where a town in Michigan is having a gas war, and prices are $ .47/gal.....LOL........geez, why not here.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I paid $1.47 at BP today.....   ;)

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 18, 2016, 03:46:58 PM
I paid $1.47 at BP today.....   ;)

Dennis

$1.75/gal here...........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I think it's about $1.45 here.  It will go even lower.  I won't be surprised it it drops to $1.00 within a month or two.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I am at $1.79 now. About two miles away I saw $1.73. A lot of folks are now blaming the low fuel prices for the recent Stock Market decline. Don't be surprised if there is some kind of pressure to raise prices again. huh "Big Oil" and "Speculators" getting ready to try to screw us again.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Gee, I thought it was good at $1.72 here.  Can hardly believe it is under a dollar elsewhere. 
Barb

Rjb3

A real gas war is 18.9. Who here remembers that?

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 18, 2016, 06:28:50 PM
A real gas war is 18.9. Who here remembers that?

LOL.....you know I remember that... |^|............and they washed your windows and checked your tires too  ;D
Jon

Rjb3

Yup. Way back when, a woman tipped me fifty cents to check her tires in the rain. I took it, too.

sschind

And candy bars were a nickle and computers were as big as a house.  We get it.  You guys are OLD.  tell them story about when you went flying kites with Ben Franklin Bob.  It will shock them.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

LizStreithorst

It was back in the days I heard my mom asked my dad for $20. and he said, "What,  I just gave you 20 last week?!"  And candy bars were 5 cents and fancy ones like Almond Joy's were 10 cents.  Lowest gas price I remember is 34 cents huh
Always move forward. Never look back.

John Patakos

i remember when we had a gas war..a sinclair station and a sunoco station....13 cents a gallon.
10 cents for the movies..and they didn't kick you out after the feature was over.
candy bars were a nickel..mr. goodbar was 3 cents. a pack of Lucky Strikes was 25 cents out of the machine at the gas station , but you got 3 shiny new pennies back in the pack...lol

Rjb3

Quote from: sschind on January 18, 2016, 08:25:02 PM
And candy bars were a nickle and computers were as big as a house.  We get it.  You guys are OLD.  tell them story about when you went flying kites with Ben Franklin Bob.  It will shock them.

LOL  I was saving that one.

Mugwump

I remember my Dad giving ny brother and I a quarter each to go to the movies.....we paid to get in, had coke and pop corn....and each brought the nickle change back to him....most times he'd let us keep it, some times it went into the kitchen cabinet change bowl for Mom.

Dad took us all roller skating one time, the whole family for a quarter.... ;D

Ben Franklin?....knew him well, he and my G'pa went to different schools together... |^|
Jon

PaulineMi

The 25 cent Saturday matinees....we actually WALKED to get there. A group of rowdy kids having fun the entire mile to get there and home. (Note...no references to uphill in both directions)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)