• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 06:59:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,338
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 700
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 563
Total: 564

I could do this...

Started by Mugwump, January 12, 2016, 10:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

You're an evil teaser, Mugs!  8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Well then, when I win the Powerball tomorrow night, I will buy one, hire a crew to do all the work and store it, and take all of us on a vacation somewhere warm.  Will we all fit on it?  Liz and Pauline and I can share a stateroom, you guys can share the other one.
Barb ;D

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

We're in. The houseboat we have reserved in June can be cancelled.

Fingers crossed, Barb.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 12, 2016, 04:01:08 PM
We're in. The houseboat we have reserved in June can be cancelled.

Fingers crossed, Barb.

Mississippi river ??
Jon

Rjb3

Bull Shoals in Arkansas. We rented one for our honeymoon on Lake Norfolk. The Mississippi boats are more expensive. So, we drive ten hours to Arkansas instead.

We're going with our daughter, her boyfriend Adam, and his parents. It's gonna be a blast. Speaking of blast, I'm bringing a case of clay pigeons to shoot from the upper deck of the boat.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 12, 2016, 04:12:43 PM
Bull Shoals in Arkansas. We rented one for our honeymoon on Lake Norfolk. The Mississippi boats are more expensive. So, we drive ten hours to Arkansas instead.

We're going with our daughter, her boyfriend Adam, and his parents. It's gonna be a blast. Speaking of blast, I'm bringing a case of cat pigeons to shoot from the upper deck of the boat.

...Wow, sounds like a 'hoot'... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

We're going with our daughter, her boyfriend Adam, and his parents. It's gonna be a blast. Speaking of blast, I'm bringing a case of clay pigeons to shoot from the upper deck of the boat.

Ahhh...! Bull Shoals...!  Downstream on the White River, on the high bluff side, is nestled the little town of Calico Rock, Arkansas. My Mother's hometown. We spent some summer weeks of vacation there when I was little and my Uncle taught me how to fish. My Aunt sent me home (24 hr drive to Roanoke, VA) with my first small battery tank aquarium with guppies and my fishing and aquarium interests have remained with me all that time. That little town was a piece of heaven to me...!  Good ol' nostalgia!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 12, 2016, 04:27:09 PM

Ahhh...! Bull Shoals...!  Downstream on the White River, on the high bluff side, is nestled the little town of Calico Rock, Arkansas. My Mother's hometown. We spent some summer weeks of vacation there when I was little and my Uncle taught me how to fish. My Aunt sent me home (24 hr drive to Roanoke, VA) with my first small battery tank aquarium with guppies and my fishing and aquarium interests have remained with me all that time. That little town was a piece of heaven to me...!  Good ol' nostalgia!

Any place named 'Calico Rock' has got to be a great place......cool |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

It's a really nice boat too fancy for my taste.  A good 22' fishing boat is more my style.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 12, 2016, 04:48:33 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on January 12, 2016, 04:27:09 PM

Any place named 'Calico Rock' has got to be a great place......cool |^|

It is. I mean it's really a tiny country town. I loved going there. Use to float the White River and catch trout. Started fishing on the backwaters for bluegills and catfish. Went out to my great uncle's places in ''the country" (hell, the whole area was country...!) and ride the horses and catch tadpoles and box turtles.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron