• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 04:31:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,338
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 695
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 696
Total: 696

WOW....nice ride

Started by Mugwump, January 10, 2016, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Very cool.
Makes me wonder what someone would think if they saw something like that fly by 100 or 150 years ago.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on January 10, 2016, 01:22:31 PM
Very cool.
Makes me wonder what someone would think if they saw something like that fly by 100 or 150 years ago.

Icarus  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Not Icarus.  They're flying down, not up.  The video is from Beirut.  Lebanon is the only place I've been where I went swimming in the sea and skiing in the same day.  Of course, there was peace in the middle east back then...
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

When was that Liz?  I don't remember a time like that in my 68 years.  Really..I'm curious, not being a smart ass.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

We were there in 1959.  My brother was teaching at the American University of Beirut and worked as a stringer for NBC.  Back then when he got a story on the air the area was so much ignored that the news readers always mispronounced Beirut.  We were there for a month and traveled all over the Middle East.  I don't think there was any real conflict until the 6 day war in 67.  Even then, there were only a hand full of countries involved.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 11, 2016, 07:32:06 AM
We were there in 1959.  My brother was teaching at the American University of Beirut and worked as a stringer for NBC.  Back then when he got a story on the air the area was so much ignored that the news readers always mispronounced Beirut.  We were there for a month and traveled all over the Middle East.  I don't think there was any real conflict until the 6 day war in 67.  Even then, there were only a hand full of countries involved.

'Tom" Streithorst ??.............if so, he did some work for 'Time'..??...on Nasar?....I did a paper in school on the UAR...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Yeah, Tom Streithorst.  He worked for Newsweek for a while.  I don't think he ever wrote for Time and I can't imagine him ever doing anything on NASCAR.  That might be his son. also Tom who does a lot of freelance writing on many topics.  My brother was more of an international relations kinda guy.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 11, 2016, 08:19:36 AM
Yeah, Tom Streithorst.  He worked for Newsweek for a while.  I don't think he ever wrote for Time and I can't imagine him ever doing anything on NASCAR.  That might be his son. also Tom who does a lot of freelance writing on many topics.  My brother was more of an international relations kinda guy.

Yes, you're right, Newsweek.....there was some free lance stuff back earlier in the 50's.....

And Liz....it's UAR, not NASCAR...LOL....United Arab Republic....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Forgive me.  You said Nasar, not NASCAR.  See why I rarely post in the morning?  I'm a slow waker upper  :-[

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 11, 2016, 08:51:42 AM
Forgive me.  You said Nasar, not NASCAR.  See why I rarely post in the morning?  I'm a slow waker upper  :-[

LOL.....more coffee... |^|
Jon