• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 03:05:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 832
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 833
Total: 833

T's Wed. coffee time----->

Started by Mugwump, May 31, 2017, 06:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...and the coffee is great !.....MMMmmmmm  |^|

....50deg's now...headed to 70 and NO rain til the weekend... |^|....

..so...I guess I'll mow....trim...and putz....yada yada.....it'll be a good Sassy walk day for sure too..... ;)

....yup....time for more coffee........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great. There is no rain here yet but with the temperatures going up into the mid 70s they say we may get some t-storms this afternoon. Hopefully not.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 31, 2017, 06:23:40 AM
The coffee is great. There is no rain here yet but with the temperatures going up into the mid 70s they say we may get some t-storms this afternoon. Hopefully not.

I keep thinking that if we're getting all this moisture now......winter will be brutal......lotsa snow..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Supposed to be a nice day here. Hope so as I have some salmon soaking in brine and the smoker all set up.  Need to go in and get an oil change this morning and then it is a day of smoking fish.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

...well into pot #3 now.....getting a slow start....LOL.....sput sput....

...smoked salmon......Mmmmm......enjoy  |eat|
Jon

Ron Sower

Good morning folks...

....another clear morning here...no rain...

...haircut today and putzing...calling around to see what my new glasses lenses are gonna cost me...frames are still in good shape and I like them...

...Lucy's still in Tacoma...I think this is the first and last time she''ll want to stay at her daughter's home for 6 weeks at a time...!  I will not be telling her "I told you so"...I'm glad she did it because now she knows....I love Jen and Emery(g-daughter) but they have their lives and we have ours...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Tony44

Morning is great sat on patio for a hour and had my coffee even some toast but the sparrows wanted it more than me. Now have a few water changes and get ready for work.
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

wallace

Its that crazy week before I leave town on vacation. Spend 2 weeks trying to get everything in some kind of shape where I can be gone and the construction people and fighting neighbors can go without a babysitter... then get back and spend 2 weeks cleaning up all the sh*t that hit the fan while I was gone. Sometimes I envy people that punch a time clock. (There... I needed to gripe about this.)

Dan

LizStreithorst

That's what happened to me when I went to goat shows for the weekend except that work was not a problem because I am an empire of one.  I always came home from a show in a piss poor mood even though I usually won big because it seemed I would always arrive to a crisis of some kind.  My husband was not a country boy and if anything went wrong with animals he was at a loss.

The worst was when I took a week off to go to the National show.  I had a very loyal employee at the time...the kind you get once in a lifetime.  He got arrested in Louisiana and thrown in jail.  It wasn't his fault.  The guy's a cop now.  When he didn't show up for evening milking my husband called my vet, and that dear man came and milked and fed until I got home.

These days I have animals that can do for themselves for 3 days.  I ask a neighbor to come down and pet the dogs once or twice.  I don't believe I'd risk being away for over a week, though.

Good luck.  Have enough fun to make it worth it dealing with shit when you get back.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

The animals are, or should be, covered. The work side is tricky, there are ongoing projects and I'm a one-man show - nobody to pick up the slack.

I'll do a big WC tonight and throw some baking soda in to hold the pH up. Its all ro.

Dan

LizStreithorst

A bag of crushed coral would be better.  The buffering from baking soda only lasts 24 hrs before the pH starts to drop again. 
Always move forward. Never look back.