• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 12:12:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,351
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 765
Total: 765

Caught 'em in the act

Started by LizStreithorst, April 02, 2015, 03:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

A female Blue Leopard chose my largest male Blue Marble Pearl Scale (or perhaps they chose each other ;))  I moved them to a breeding tank but I expect to have to wait until next time before I get fry as they came from water that is usually too hard for hatching. into a breeding tank that also has water that is usually too hard.  I don't have a clue what I'll get from this pairing, a bunch of mutts, I imagine.  But at least they're blue based and I'll have introduced the PS gene that some of those among us do not like :P
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 02, 2015, 03:39:53 PM
A female Blue Leopard chose my largest male Blue Marble Pearl Scale (or perhaps they chose each other ;))  I moved them to a breeding tank but I expect to have to wait until next time before I get fry as they came from water that is usually too hard for hatching. into a breeding tank that also has water that is usually too hard.  I don't have a clue what I'll get from this pairing, a bunch of mutts, I imagine.  But at least they're blue based and I'll have introduced the PS gene that some of those among us do not like :P

Probably something like this...??

Sm/+ - Z/+ - pb/pb - Blue Smokey Leopard
Gm/+ - pb/pb - p/p - Blue Silver Gold Marble Pearlscale

12.5%   Z/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Zebra
12.5%   Gm/+ - Z/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Silver Gold Marble Zebra
12.5%   pb/pb - +/p - Blue Silver
12.5%   Sm/+ - Z/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Smokey Leopard
12.5%   Sm/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Smokey
12.5%   Sm/+ - Gm/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Smokey Silver Gold Marble
12.5%   Sm/+ - Gm/+ - Z/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Smokey Leopard Silver Gold Marble
12.5%   Gm/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Silver Gold Marble

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yep, a bunch of mutts.  It'll be a fun adventure ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 02, 2015, 03:57:39 PM
Yep, a bunch of mutts.  It'll be a fun adventure ;D

Not really....look again.....PB Zebras and PB silvers in there besides more Blue marbles/leopards..and if the blue leopard is 'het' for pearl??....you'll be very happily surprised too... ;D

12.5%   Z/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Zebra
12.5%   Gm/+ - Z/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Silver Gold Marble Zebra
12.5%   pb/pb - +/p - Blue Silver
12.5%   Sm/+ - Z/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Smokey Leopard
12.5%   Sm/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Smokey
12.5%   Sm/+ - Gm/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Smokey Silver Gold Marble
12.5%   Sm/+ - Gm/+ - Z/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Smokey Leopard Silver Gold Marble
12.5%   Gm/+ - pb/pb - +/p - Blue Silver Gold Marble
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson