• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 08:55:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 489
Total: 490

Fall festivals...

Started by Mugwump, October 09, 2014, 09:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..about every area has fall activities like 'October-fest's'...We have a good one coming down in Hinckley....they have folks that cook brat's and pork chops that you can smell for miles...MMMmmm

Anyone else going out to a fall chow down?.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

We Had our Octoberfest in September :o

Was thinking doing the pumpkin patch thing this weekend with the grandkids and friends kids and more kids. Hope the rain holds out all day Sat

Mugwump

Those are kicks...we have one close by that has one heck of a maze too....'Johnny Mack' orchard on Shabbona rd
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

We Usually go to  Boggios Near Granville. Cool place, lots of stuff to do for the kids

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on October 09, 2014, 08:04:52 PM
We Usually go to  Boggios Near Granville. Cool place, lots of stuff to do for the kids

Our family lived in Granville...1948-1951....then up in Spring Valley til 53....then off to western N Y....
My dad ran Sampsel's Time Controls, at the time they made Maytag timers for washers/dryers....a div of Mallory????....too long ago...LOL...I think Sampsel's is out in Mendota now?????
Jon

Barb

We just had the Seafood Festival last week in Morehead City.  This weekend is the Mumfest here in New Bern.  Down the road is the Mullet festival in a beach town.  Octoberfest was last month here.  Local county fair in two weeks, state fair next week, the list is large.  But I can't walk well enough yet to go to these, and we only have one scooter which Bill uses for such events.  And it won't hold both of us, lol.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I'll be going to the state fair Sat and perhaps part of Sunday.  I'm looking forward to it.  I'll see friends who I don't see often.
Always move forward. Never look back.

EdKaz

If ya like CROWDS/people and walks , and get bored this weekend Mugs, take a ride to Utica for their Burgoo Festival.
Parking SUCKS, but the small town of just 1,300-1,400, swells to 35,000 per day with LOTS to see,shop and taste.

http://starvedrockcountry.com/events/burgoo-festival-always-a-stirring-experience/

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on October 10, 2014, 07:11:41 AM
If ya like CROWDS/people and walks , and get bored this weekend Mugs, take a ride to Utica for their Burgoo Festival.
Parking SUCKS, but the small town of just 1,300-1,400, swells to 35,000 per day with LOTS to see,shop and taste.

http://starvedrockcountry.com/events/burgoo-festival-always-a-stirring-experience/

Now that looks like kicks.....'burgoo' looks good too....MMMmmm...betcha ya can smell that for miles?
Jon

PaulineMi

Our local "Mint Festival" is in August.   However we have a nice cider mill a few miles up the road from us......

http://www.ujcidermill.com/cider-mill/
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)