• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:14:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 624
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 618
Total: 618

Cooler Monday...

Started by Mugwump, July 22, 2019, 05:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the heat moves out and nicer weather moves in..... |^|

..you'll get relief soon Willie, Barb, etal.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...88 now...going to 105...cloudy at the moment...wondering when we'll get our first monsoon storm still...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Morning all.  Great weather here too...  finally  lol  Here's hoping you all have a fantastic day!

Dennis

Barb

Hi guys, and Liz!  Today is once again way over 100.  Our heat is awful.  I dare say we need a hurricane to bring us rain.  We are terribly dry, lots of my garden plants are dead despite lots of watering.  Leaves just burned to a crisp, with wet roots, weird.  I am always beyond busy taking care of Bill and my mom.  Still have a beautiful tank of discus, a lovely tank of Liz's angels, and a large tank of Endlers.  Other tanks are now pretty terrariums.  Will post a pic soon.
Barb

Mugwump

Hi Barb....sounds like you've got your hands full out there

The heat finally gave us a reprieve...73degs, sunny, and a nice breeze... |^|....still need some rain tho..

Looking forward to those pics.. ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

For once the weather is different here than it is there.  We were supposed to be in for the heat but the weathermen changed their minds and decided that we would have some rain instead of heat.  The sun is out now, but out of nowhere there will come a shower of small thunderstorm.  No downpours this time, thank God.  It won't get higher than 87 today.  It's still reasonably comfortable in the shade.  They say we'll have a rain later this afternoon and then it will cool off some.

Today is another damn bad back day.  Having any fun working outside is impossible.  This old age stuff really sucks.  The weird thing is it seems like one day I was indestructible and the next I couldn't do a damn thing.

All I've done today was go in search of folding outdoor chairs and make a beer run.  I was consulting with my veterinarian over the phone when my butt fell through one of the ones I had.  Two days later I was on my ass when the other one broke.  I went to one Dollar Store yesterday and two today.  I decided to give it one more try a fourth.  Success!!!  Finding beer wasn't near so difficult.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I am still waiting for that nice weather. I am currently at 99 degrees with a feel like of 121. Like Barb I am dry and no matter how much I water the lawn it is turning brown. huh I have the sprinklers set to go off at 4 and 5 am so I am not watering under that hot sun.

I see storms headed this way but they are not close enough for my liking.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 22, 2019, 02:02:12 PM
I am still waiting for that nice weather. I am currently at 99 degrees with a feel like of 121. Like Barb I am dry and no matter how much I water the lawn it is turning brown. huh I have the sprinklers set to go off at 4 and 5 am so I am not watering under that hot sun.

...basically the thorms all missed us either south or north....but this cool spell is fine for watering... :)...a tad warmer tomorrow but otherwise just like today.....aaahhh...lov'n it  |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 22, 2019, 03:09:01 PM

...basically the thorms all missed us either south or north....but this cool spell is fine for watering... :)...a tad warmer tomorrow but otherwise just like today.....aaahhh...lov'n it  |^|

The rain missed us too but the wind and clouds lowered the temps to a manageable 85 degrees. We are supposed to get some rain overnight tho.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 22, 2019, 04:57:20 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 22, 2019, 03:09:01 PM

The rain missed us too but the wind and clouds lowered the temps to a manageable 85 degrees. We are supposed to get some rain overnight tho.

...get yourself a bag of fescue 'campus' grass.....start spreading all over on top of your lawn.....it'll mix in and make your lawn stronger... :)
Jon