• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 04:57:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 742
Total: 742

Weather

Started by Mugwump, June 14, 2017, 01:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...so our forecast for temps around 80 degs went poop..........94 out and miserable humidity...index at 100degs currently......blah.........
   we now have some severe thunderstorm alerts... hopefully one will pass near by and help cool it off a bit..... huh

....can't imagine what August will be like after this early heat wave.... huh....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's 90 here.  Feels like 96.  Rain comes in torrents out of nowhere then goes away, the sun comes out and we steam.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 14, 2017, 02:31:09 PM
It's 90 here.  Feels like 96.  Rain comes in torrents out of nowhere then goes away, the sun comes out and we steam.

...it seems that our climate has become like the deep south now, Liz..... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm worried about the hay for the cold months again.  We'd have been in a pickle last winter but it 'bout never got cold enough to have to seriously depend on hay.  It's doing the same thing this year as it did last year.  Thank God we had 5 days of sun last week.  We have rain in the forecast every day until June 23rd.

wallace

We have stopped buying hay for the winter. There is so much grass left over the fatso cows can do fine on the dormant grass.
Dan

LizStreithorst

wow.  They must be fat.

Mugwump

Jon

wallace

The cows are obese and almost too fat to get pregnant, but yesterday a new calf showed up so ok. There is enough feed for 5 times as many cows as we have. I kinda like it this way, we don't need to find hay in the fall. All the hay growers around here have gone to big 2-ton bales that I can't haul unless I pay for a semi load. The last time I bought a 25-ton load it got rained on.

Dan

Mugwump

...a storm finally hit us...... |^|....been a nice soaker for the last hour+..... 8)
Jon

LizStreithorst

A bull or heiffer?  What breed do you keep?  I've always been fond of Charlails.  I hate it that everyone has gone to black.  So much diversity has been lost.  I don't know when I've last seen a "woods cow"  (they're spotted) or even a Hereford. 

wallace

A bull or heifer?.... exactly. We haven't looked yet and will need to go find out pretty soon so we can band a bull calf. Can't get close so what we usually do is watch (with binoculars sometimes) to see how it pees. If I can get it cornered it will get a selenium shot and a vaccine against clostridium.

I know what you mean about breeds. Around here its all angus or black whiteface, and since we are surrounded by angus bulls there would be no point in trying another breed unless I wanted to spend a fortune on new fencing. A bull when determined is not slowed down much by puny wire fences.
Dan