• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 09:03:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 542
Total: 542

Southern storms.............

Started by Mugwump, February 24, 2015, 08:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I hope no one is in the path of the ice/snow storms cruising along the south...if so be safe out there......ok?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Doug has discovered a great excuse for staying in Florida.  ::)  Driving up to Michigan from down there could be risky though. It's bitterly cold here but so far no power outages. It's awful weather hitting the south. The frequency of it all is what's making it so devestating in some areas.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

You should see what eastern NC looks like now.  It has been pouring snow for 3 hrs. Everything is totally white and I bet it will be 2-3" or more very soon.  Hasn't snowed like this here in years.  Very pretty, but so cold outside and it is interfering with our move this week.  But we will manage.  Last week was the big ice storm here, now snow this week.  Definitely a winter to remember here, for lots of reasons.  Looking out our windows right now, it reminds me of winters in Canada a long time ago.
Barb

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 24, 2015, 09:07:52 AM
Doug has discovered a great excuse for staying in Florida.  ::)  Driving up to Michigan from down there could be risky though. It's bitterly cold here but so far no power outages. It's awful weather hitting the south. The frequency of it all is what's making it so devestating in some areas.

He's down in Sarasota? If so the weather here is about 75 with gray skies. A little warmer down there.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

I've been incredibly lucky.  In the north half of the state they've been dealing with ice on the roads and power outages for close to a week.  I have had none of that so far.  My luck my change Thrusday morning if we have rain Wed night it will be iced over Thursday morning.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on February 24, 2015, 10:44:44 AM
Quote from: PaulineMi on February 24, 2015, 09:07:52 AM

He's down in Sarasota? If so the weather here is about 75 with gray skies. A little warmer down there.

He'll be heading up to the Crystal River area soon. The Bradenton/Sarasota area has gotten insanely congested. He's looking for a place to rent in a nice 55 and over trailer park for a month or so next year. Just too much traffic where his Mom is now.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Crystal river and tubing with the manatees..... ;D

or even...............

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

As much as I don't fancy going to Florida I find the manatee part very appealing.   Hubby can spend his time down there golfing, I go down go for a week and enjoy good seafood and things to see. It was the Dali museum this time.

LizStreithorst

His heart is set on y'all moving there isn't it? 

PaulineMi

Don't make me acknowledge that. I'm doing the "if I ignore it maybe it will go away" thing.  ::)  Fritz, our Dobe, is 9 yrs old and is in relatively good health. There's also a lot of longevity in his lines. So while Fritz is around Doug may spend a couple of our winter months in Florida....I'll just visit. And by the way, lest you think my priorities are off, he wanted another dog when we got Fritz.   ;D

LizStreithorst

You will hate it.  Florida is ruined.  Do some research on Mobile Alabama.  It rarely drops below freezing and it has so much to offer. 

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 24, 2015, 07:55:26 PM
You will hate it.  Florida is ruined.  Do some research on Mobile Alabama.  It rarely drops below freezing and it has so much to offer.

Florida isn't too bad considering.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BillT

Tampa Bay is a world center for collecting amphioxus (for scientific studies).
They are vertebrate like sub-vertebrates. They live in the sand and filter feed.
I have spent several months there collecting them.