• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 07:31:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 591
Total: 591

Easter Monday

Started by Ron Sower, April 10, 2023, 11:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Good day all...

I've missed the last couple days...I hope you who celebrate it had a good Easter...

Our house got painted over the weekend...grossly underestimating the amount of paint needed, I spent a bunch of time going to and from Home Depot!!! huh 

I'm glad you're over the illness, Liz...that is miserable....

Your weather over there is what I remember as springtime in Va!...really iffy...we're starting to warm up here..it's 75 now and will top out @ 96...!   But it will be like that a couple days then down into 80s...

I do my customer's aquarium maintenance today, then a young lady will get plants this afternoon...sometime I'll pick and ship orders...meanwhile, Lucy will have an afternoon card class...

That's all for now....have a good day friends!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm glad that I'm over it too, Ron.  I was down and out for days!  I'm nut used to being able to do almost nothing.  It sucked.  At least it wasn't so bad that I couldn't take care of my animals.

Yesterday when I felt much better, I still didn't go to town to get necessary stuff.  It was just to miserable out.  It would have been OK if the sun ever came out as they promised.  It did not.  It hit 69 but the heat index make if feel like 59.  It felt even colder to me.  Nothing is colder than damp cold.

Today I went to town and ran my errands.  Would you believe that my Tramadol has gone up to $79 per month?  I guess I'm screwed, because it's necessary.  Gas has gone up since I was out.  It's up to $3.17 everywhere.  I hate it when the first number is a 3.  I didn't need to fill up, so I didn't.  Then I went to the Supermarket.  I noticed that the pumps right next to it had gas at $2.98.  I figured that I'd better fill up there while it's price still started with a 2!

Willie, I bought the piece of Styro I need for making fish boxes.  I know that you'll forgive me for wanting to spend the rest of the day off,   I promise I'll make your box tomorrow and send your snots Wednesday.

Barb, it's time you appeared and let us know what you've been up to.  A lot of African Violet stuff, I bet.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everybody, just been so busy lately, haven't been online much at all.  But I did just read through your posts for the last couple days.  Liz, glad you are back up and running!  And Willie congrats on the guppy drop. How many did you end up with?   Ron, that is some successful plant/fish business you have going on these days!

Here just strange weather, poured rain 2 straight days, wind, cold. Then sun yesterday afternoon into today.  But very cool and windy.  Tonight is a threat of frost!  Sure glad I haven't put out any plants yet.  New ones that is.  It was so warm last week I fed my pond for the first time since last Oct.  But now it is too cold again to put food in.

Yes I have bedn doing violet work along with other indoor plant stuff.  I walk with my walking group 3 times a week and some days we go to lunch as a group afterwards.  Tomorrow is my yoga group, at the library, in their big activity room.  I like it.  Also lots of garden club stuff going on this week that i am involved with.

I took my evening pills awhile ago and a tiny one went down my windpipe.  I coughed it right out, but have been coughing for an hr. now since it got so irritated.  I think finally better.  Will go drink some hot tea.

Happy Easter a day late you all.
Barb

Ron Sower

Hello again..., :D

Barb, not so sure the business is too successful....i still don't see it making enough profit to be worth my time...I'd probably be better off just selling at auctions and swaps...I'm still working on cost cutting in our supplies...

I had a young couple come by today to by $5 worth of plants...they left with $8 worth of plants, plus I gave them some TCs to try...plus they bought a $40 snowball pleco...L471...cute little thing it is!...so, they brought their 2-week infant with them...he was so cute!...my youngest customer yet ;D ;D ;D

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Nice pic Ron!  What I wouldn't give to have one of my kids give me a grandchild.  But it is never to be.  thanks for sharing it.
Barb