• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 09:05:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 603
Total: 603

Happy chilly Easter Sunday

Started by LizStreithorst, April 09, 2023, 10:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning, my friends.  The sun is supposed to come out today but it hasn't happened yet.  The high will only be in the 60's.

For the first time in what seems like forever I feel human again.  I've been outside for the first time in 3 days, and I actually am hungry for real solid food.  I'll be making pork fried ride with Chinese BBQ pork (Char Siu).  The rice is in the rice cooker now and the Char Siu is defrosting.  While I was sick, I wasted 2 big broccoli stalks which is a shame.  I try hard not to waste food.

My only chore today is to go to the supermarket for beer.  I'll pick up another butt roast or country style ribs so I can put another Char Siu in marinade to marinate overnight and cook tomorrow.  I'm too newly healthy to plan meals for several days.

I just checked my supply of nicotine and I should be able to make it until the store opens in the morning.  Life is good once again.

I hope everyone has a nice Easter.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz and everyone. Happy Easter. Liz I am happy to hear that you are feeling better. Just try to ease into things slowly so you don't do to much too soon.

It was 34 degrees when I got up this morning and now it is 57F with plenty of sunshine out there. We will be in the 70s and 80s the rest of the week with no rain in sight until Saturday.

I had a big pregnant guppy that was hiding in the corner of a tank and I decided to put her in one of those plastic breeding boxes and within minutes she dropped a couple of fry and they were huge with full bellies. I left them alone and went back 1/2 hour later and there were at least another 10 fry swimming around.

The little compartment that they fell into didn't hold them there for long. I don't know if she ate any since I didn't see her going after any. She is still big so there may be more to come. I removed all of the fry that I could but a couple of them escaped into the main part of the tank. They are probably lunch by now.

Everything else is going good in the fishroom as I spent most of the last two days down there scrubbing a few tanks squeaky clean.

I'm tired now so I am going to take a little nap and hopefully I'll have a boost in energy when I wake up.

Wishing you all a great Easter and I will see ya on here later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.