• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 09:24:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 559
Total: 559

Good Friday

Started by wsantia1, April 07, 2023, 05:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's Good Friday and I am up early but I feel well rested for a change. We are in for seasonal weather with the current temp at 54 degrees and the high temp getting up to 57F this afternoon. It is cloudy and there is a 25% chance of rain sometime today but I don't think it will be severe.

Today is water change day for all of my tanks. I have a 55 that I want to scrub down good because it may be the future home of my discus. Then again I may not use it for the discus because I have a brand new 75g sitting on the floor that I bought a couple of years ago and there are a couple of other things that I can do.

I had to look around for Kobe this morning because he was not in any of his usual spots and was not responding to me. I did find him sleeping behind my couch and I didn't notice him there at when I first looked. He is okay and scarfed down his breakfast like he usually does. Not to go without any ailments he did wake up with a slight limp. huh   

Since it is Good Friday I will try to make it through the day without eating meat. I usually try that but most of the time I fail or just plain forget. huh

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in with you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Poor Kobi.  Pip has been a PITA with her injury.  She keeps defeating the cone and obsessively licking her injury.  While I do believe that dog spit is healing, but not when the licking is constant.  First time I put on the cone in a way that was not uncomfortable but should work.  She defeated it 3 days later.  I tied it on tighter and it worked for 2 days.  Finally I took the cone off and set it on it's tightest setting.  I used it that way for a little poodle that had a long skinny poodle neck.  It was a bit of a struggle to get it over Pip's head yesterday, but I managed.  That lasted until this morning when I saw that some how I can't imagine, she was licking her wounds again.  I covered the wound with a large band aid.  I don't think that she'll be resourceful enough to pull the band aid off.

I'm finally over my cramping, puking, and shitting blood.  I'm pretty week though since all I managed to eat was a bowl of Ramen.  I didn't want to eat, but I did and managed to keep it down.  I'm still not hungry but I'm going to make a smoothy and later have some of my home made chicken soup.

It's supposed to rain all day today like it did yesterday.  It's cooler but still tolerable.  As weak as I am I might have to wait until tomorrow to go to town for my drugs, and Styrofoam.

That's it for me.  I'll check in with y'all later.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz it seems like that stomach virus is all around. I had something similar last weekend.
Willie

LizStreithorst

forgive me for being indelicate but did you shit blood.  I couldn't believe it.  I have ever done that in my life.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good morning!

It either 64 or 60, depending on whether I read the Weather Channel or my digital thermometer...and should get to 84 today...with blue skies...

I hope you're through with the virus Liz...no fun....it's good you're over it Willie!...Barb and I are going to try to steer clear of it...right, Barb?...

We'll be buying paint for the exterior of the house today...it's going to take a least 10 gallons...paint prices sure have gone up since I last bought any..over $200 for a 5g pail!!!... a friend from the club who does all kinds of work is going to start tomorrow...

While we're out getting paint and supplies, the house cleaning crew will be here doing their thing...we had them for the first time last month...they did a good job...it's two sisters and ones husband...

I finally got my tax prep started yesterday...ugh!...I've also gotta get our program for the club meeting worked up for May...I've really slacked off on that this time...

I guess I'd better get to it...you guys have a wonderful day...catch you later on here...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 07, 2023, 10:44:47 AM
forgive me for being indelicate but did you shit blood.  I couldn't believe it.  I have ever done that in my life.

No Liz, I did not poop blood but I had all of the other stuff. I think that you need to have that checked out. That sounds scary.
Willie

Barb

Hi folks, Liz, go for a medical checkup asap.  Pooping blood is not part of a stomach bug.  Please go have that checked out.
Yesterday was 89 here and humid and very sunny.  Today is 59, raining and very dark and windy. A total shock to the body, I was outside working all day yesterday.

Willie the 75 will be perfect for your discus, it is what all mine are in. A great sized tank for them.  Ron lots going on with you I see.  You will love the cruise!  We took it years ago and would have loved it more except Bill ended up in the ship's ER for half the trip.  Bermuda is beautiful.

Must go do chores indoors that I put off yesterday while gardening. Tonight is to be 40 here, very bad for all the new little plantings.
Barb