• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 10:02:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 605
Total: 605

Windy Sunday

Started by wsantia1, April 02, 2023, 08:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is sunny but cold and real windy here after a string of t-storms roared though the area last night. It was a tremendous light show here but areas to my south and northeast got hit with some tornadoes that spawned from those storms. There was at least one fatality in Delaware but they are still assessing the situation.

I got a late start to my day partly because I didn't want to go to sleep while the storm was still around and then I got up in the middle of the night and couldn't back to sleep right away. When I did fall back to sleep I didn't wake up until after 8 am and that is late for me.

Things will be quieter here today but it is a cold 45 degrees with the wind chill at 37F. We will have 4 days in the 70s this upcoming week and no more rain until Wednesday so I moght be able to do some 'Spring Cleaning" outside.

I will be relaxing today but I will get to the necessary water changes and hopefully I will have all of my other chores completed in time for the "Women's NCAA Basketball Game" that starts at 3:30.

Wishing you all a great day and I will check on you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Second try.  I'll try to hold my lazy wrists up this time so they don't hit whatever it is that makes my words disappear.

It's been an uneventful but pleasant day.  80 degrees and overcast.

I had to make an emergency run into Ellisville and I couldn't go until 1 o'clock.  The emergency was that I had drunk my last beer last night It was a long wait but I kept myself busy. turning the last of my Styrofoam into boxes and wasting time.  The beer store is closed Sunday but the supermarket allows beer sales because the law says they can.  While I was at the supermarket I got some mushrooms, broccoli, heavy and ice cream as well as the beer,  I searched but they didn't have any ground coriander

When I got home I made the best Char Siu fried rice I have ever made.  I have 1/2 lb of Char Siu left I'll put in the freezer until I go to my most local supermarkets sister store om Petal, not far from the feed store.  They'll have the egg roll wrappers, wonton wrappers, and Tofu I need.  The clientele is way different in fast growing more affluent Petal than it is where we have mostly old fogies who like the conventional American thing of having a meat, a veggie, and a starch on a plate.  I only eat like that when I have the yearning for a hamburger.

then I came down to the fishroom gave them a water change and their dinner.  As soon as I feed Charlotte I'll have a nice hot bath and crawl into bed so I can finish my book.  Lately, I've only been reading in bed.

Hope you check in Barb.  Ron always shows late.  I often don't see what he has to say until the next moring. Talk to you all tomorrow, my friends.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good evening friends, glad you didn't get blown away Willie.  It was very windy here yesterday, but no rain or storms, just clouds and high winds that came and went all day.  It was my first day back at the aquarium and went well.  There were several thousand visitors and I think I talked to most of them when they visited the areas where I was working. It was fun and I don't mind big crowds since i was standing several feet away from them.

Today I took a ferry ride and country drive, good to have the quiet after yesterdays crowds and noise.  It has been sunny and warmish, about 65. 

Liz you are quite the gourmet cook!  Your meals always sound great.  Willie and Ron do you guys like to cook too?  I am still getting used to cooking for just me.  It is not the same.  I eat out a lot with friends too.  Mostly lunches.

See you all tomorrow,
Barb

Ron Sower

Hello friends...Good to see you here...Liz! I often start the daily conversations too!...

Saturday was a total slammed busy day. I had a club swap meet that I woke up for at 6:30 to bag fish and shrimp. I had bagged the plant Friday night til 1am Saturday morning. The meet went steady for 4 hours straight...Then headed home at 3:30...At 4:30 a couple picked us up and took us out for burgers, and then we went to an Eagles tribute concert...Whew! Today was a little better but still busy!...

I acquired 4 more adult boesmani rainbows at the swap...one died overnite but the others seem to be fine in with the others...

Today I had a fellow in our club come over and get our drip irrigation system working properly (after living here 3+ years :-\ )...now Miss Lucy can plant 2 huge terra cotta pots out front... |^|

I also assembled 2 bar stools I bought to replace ones whose screws keep loosing and making the stools wobble badly...I guess they weren't meant for my fat butt! ::)

Tonight we went to dinner with Stan and Barb to a Japanese restaurant...food was ok and came out quickly, but we were across from the bar and there were three guys yelling and shouting with each other...it was good comradely, but I think they'd had enough to drink...finally they left....THEN a family came in with their 1 year old in a high chair ...the kid started screaming and mommy laughed at it and gave it some drink...then the kid repeated and so did mommy, reinforcing the behavior....grrrrr!  I can tell I'm getting older! ;D ;D ;D
No more griping...sorry!...

I hope you're all having a good sleep...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron