• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 04:15:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 576
Total: 576

Sunny Monday (for Now)

Started by wsantia1, March 27, 2023, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. We are sunny to start the day here but storm clouds will move in this afternoon and rain will begin shortly afterwards. It is currently 63 degrees but that will drop once the rain starts.

Liz things look pretty dire in your area and I know that you dodged major damage but please be careful. You have more storms coming your way over the next two days.

I just finished doing the water change on the discus tank and they are very eager to greet me until they realize that I am going to mess with their water then they go into hiding behind the sponge filter.

As soon as I finish changing their water they are back out in the open water begging for food. I've been giving them light feedings up to 4 times a day and at least 3 times a day. I give them flakes, granules and freeze dried black worms but I have to go get some more frozen brine shrimp

I have to make a run to dispensary this morning as they give veteran's a 35% discount on Monday's. Because of that discount I only go on Monday's

I wish you all a great day and Liz my thoughts are with you and your pets (family). I will check in on you all later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

How nice of you to think about me, Willie.  The weather still OK here.  We had rain yesterday, but not torrential by any means.  It's sunny today.  I have laundry hanging out.  It's a good ways north of me where they had all that terrible destruction.  26 dead is the latest account.

Ron, how is your Discus doing?  You really should join Simply and post in the Emergency Room section.  There are more knowledgeable people there than me.  A picture is always helpful.

Barb, I hope that your pain is lessening some.  My back seems to have come to an stasis.  Worse than it was a week ago but not getting noticeably worse as of today.

After getting my house so beautiful last month, I started letting things go.  And I kept letting them go until now it's at this point  I can tolerate it no longer.  I'm not in the cleaning mood yet, but I did sweep and tidy a bit.  I still can't stand it, though.  I'll try to get in the mood for doing more tomorrow.  I wish I were better at small upkeep jobs now that it's hard to take the big clean as a fun project these days.

I have another Celebrity 'mater to plant as well as a Poblano pepper.  Then I'll have a bit of lunch and get back into the book I picked up the other night until WC time.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Thanks again Liz & Willie for your advice ...it worked...!

Nice here today @ 65 right now and going to 70 with blue skies...still 10 degrees below average!...

One of the kids from the high school club I support is coming for some fire red cherry shrimp I have...Mom is bringing him..his parents are great supporters of his hobby endeavors...reminds me of my parents who always supported me in mine...I miss them a lot!

Lucy is off with a couple ladies that are staging a fashion show in a few weeks...they're going to Catos to check out the threads!...I'm putzing around...

A second online reseller wants to get his plants from me because I'm local...I'm thinking about it...I don't want to mess up my relationship with Mike...his friendship is wort more than money to me...I contacted him about it and he's okay if I want to do it, or he can sell to him if I don't want to...and...Our Etsy store is going great guns right now...!

So, Liz, I hope you don't get much of the bad weather...actually I hope you don't get any bad weather! ;D
And, Willie, you & Kobe stay dry!...
What are you up to today, Barb?

Have a great day, you guys!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good evening you 3 discus keepers! How bout that, all 4 of us have discus.  Sometimes when my discus gobble up dry food very fast, they do what yours did Ron.  The next day all is well.  Maybe they need some Beano in their water??  Just kidding.  But hope all is well now.

Since i was last posting here, there have been 2 storms, left overs from Liz's part of the country.  Last night a crash of thunder was so loud and right over my house, the whole house shook.  Scared me.  Of course when it happens in the dark makes it even worse.  No loss of power here, but could have.  I hope yours is all gone by now Liz.  Willie did you get any of the left overs too?

See you all here tomorrow,
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on March 27, 2023, 07:13:37 PM
Good evening you 3 discus keepers! How bout that, all 4 of us have discus.  Sometimes when my discus gobble up dry food very fast, they do what yours did Ron.  The next day all is well.  Maybe they need some Beano in their water??  Just kidding.  But hope all is well now.

Since i was last posting here, there have been 2 storms, left overs from Liz's part of the country.  Last night a crash of thunder was so loud and right over my house, the whole house shook.  Scared me.  Of course when it happens in the dark makes it even worse.  No loss of power here, but could have.  I hope yours is all gone by now Liz.  Willie did you get any of the left overs too?

See you all here tomorrow,
Barb

Barb I believe that what we got were leftovers from the storm that hit Liz's area.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Looks like y'all got more of my storm that I did!
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 28, 2023, 07:13:18 AM
Looks like y'all got more of my storm that I did!

By the time it got to us it was all broken down into a regular storm.
Willie