• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 05:41:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 662
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

Spawns===>

Started by Mugwump, August 20, 2013, 02:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Nice.....so far, so good...... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

We have wigglers this morning.  Lots of them!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 17, 2013, 07:59:46 AM
We have wigglers this morning.  Lots of them!

Yahooooooooooooo!!!!.... :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That's awesome Liz. 
Scott

LizStreithorst

They're free swimming this morning.  I caught dad snacking on some so I have removed him.  Some are on mom but may are swimming around the tank seemingly lost.  I lowered the water level and replaced the sponge with an air stone on low.  That's all I can do.  It's up to mom and the kids now.

Mugwump

Discus are likely like angel pairs, they'll snack on the weak ones that they don't like....nature's culling at work.... ;D...then again, there are some that just start chomping for no apparent reason. Good call on moving Dad, til you get a look at them better.

Oh, and congrats ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Attachment ain't going to happen, I'm afraid.  I can't blame it on mom, that's for sure.  Yesterday she had them all herded in a group in a corner of the tank.  They couldn't have gotten a better opportunity to attach.  It's something with the fry.  Either they are weak or  mentally retarded.

b125killer

The St. Isabel/Rio Negro spawned today. I'm hoping they don't snack on them this time. I also had to move a chocolate blue spawn from the 2.5 today. It was getting hard to do there water changes without sucking up fry. there only two weeks old. I had to set up the 20g for them. There's around 200 fry in that spawn. I think I lost 5 eggs and no fry from this spawn. I need more tanks ;D At least two more 55 for grow out.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 26, 2013, 07:12:20 PM
The St. Isabel/Rio Negro spawned today. I'm hoping they don't snack on them this time. I also had to move a chocolate blue spawn from the 2.5 today. It was getting hard to do there water changes without sucking up fry. there only two weeks old. I had to set up the 20g for them. There's around 200 fry in that spawn. I think I lost 5 eggs and no fry from this spawn. I need more tanks ;D At least two more 55 for grow out.

Did someone say 'more tanks' ??.....LOL...
Jon

wsantia1

That's great Scott. Good luck with them.  Who wouldn't want another two 55s for grow out. LOL ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 26, 2013, 07:22:29 PM

That's great Scott. Good luck with them.  Who wouldn't want another two 55s for grow out. LOL ;D ;D ;D

Oh hell, make it 4 more 55's... 8)
Jon

b125killer

I think I would be killed if I set up more than two 55 for now. I do need more grow out space. If my angels ever decided to parent raise all there spawns I would be in trouble. 
Scott

Mugwump

Fake it, use big tubs...then mention that the fish are hard to see....hopefully, Michelle will say "Hon, why don't you just set up another couple of glass tanks, you'll see them better"  ;D  if not, white sand on the bottom will show them up...
Jon

ilroost

good luck with the new spawn. Don't we all need more tank space. lol

b125killer

So I have managed to kill off half the spawn. I'm not holding hope for the other half. I put the spawn in the new tank with a new heater. The temp when I put them was at 78. Today when I got up the temp was at 86 and half the spawn was dead. I did get the temp back down and the rest of the spawn did eat but there is still some die off. I guess I'll know tomorrow if the rest will make it.
Scott