• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 07:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 499
Total: 499

Friday night's eats-------->

Started by Mugwump, August 12, 2016, 03:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...BLT's....and a nice fresh cantaloupe...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Not much tonight...I'm making do with a can of kippers and a couple slices of rye toast.  I let the larder get bare cause I couldn't figure out what I wanted to make during my cooking days. 

I'm looking forward to the week end.  I have some Cajun sausage with shrimp and rice defrosting in case I don't feel like cooking tomorrow.  I'll make something I've never heard of on Sunday.  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/220167/cuban-style-picadillo/  I'll serve it with http://allrecipes.com/recipe/220167/cuban-style-picadillo/  My cooking forum poeple have been talking about it.  It certainly sounds flavorful and way different.  Monday I'll make Jambalaya which is my all time favorite of all the things I cook.

I need to make something with chicken fairly soon.  I haven't been in the mood for chicken lately but I need the carcass bad.  I'm totally out of good chicken stock.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 12, 2016, 04:04:16 PM
Not much tonight...I'm making do with a can of kippers and a couple slices of rye toast.  I let the larder get bare cause I couldn't figure out what I wanted to make during my cooking days. 

I'm looking forward to the week end.  I have some Cajun sausage with shrimp and rice defrosting in case I don't feel like cooking tomorrow.  I'll make something I've never heard of on Sunday.  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/220167/cuban-style-picadillo/  I'll serve it with http://allrecipes.com/recipe/220167/cuban-style-picadillo/  My cooking forum poeple have been talking about it.  It certainly sounds flavorful and way different.  Monday I'll make Jambalaya which is my all time favorite of all the things I cook.

I need to make something with chicken fairly soon.  I haven't been in the mood for chicken lately but I need the carcass bad.  I'm totally out of good chicken stock.

I like chicken and big noodles...MMMmmm.....good for the soul... w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm thinking of getting a rotisserie chicken and making chicken salad and perhaps a have a chicken sandwich.  I could do that in the middle of the week and save the carcass for making stock on the weekend.  I thought about Chicken Fricassee but I'm really not in the mood and it would only leave me with the back bone and wing tips to make stock with.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

....couldn't wait...so i made a couple piles of BLT's.....LOL....and just as good as I knew they would be too...MMMmmm..MMMmmmm
Jon

Ron Sower

.. monster bacon-cheeseburger at a local 50's type boiger joint...was GOOD!...oh and a boring but fresh salad to counter the bad...!  :D :D :D

Weve packed most of the kitchen except for the bare necessities...like paper plates... little or no cooking at home now...relying on friends to feed us and eating out...here come da weight gain...! :'( :'(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron