• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:42:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 499
Total: 499

Tuesday, easy dinner

Started by Mugwump, August 09, 2016, 05:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...just hot dogs and fresh tomatoes....yada yada.... |^|....more than ample...........cremesicles coming up pretty quick.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Same thing as last night for me.  It was good but I was tired of it and the dogs got a larger treat than usual.

Speaking of creamsicles , I bought a box full a couple of weeks ago.  They were good enough but I thought I could do better myself.  I squeezed fresh orange juice added the same amount of heavy cream, a big dollop of local honey and a bit of real vanilla extract.  I mixed it all well with my hand mixer, poured it into the molds, and stuck them in the freezer.  I made too much to fit in the molds so I poured what was left over into a glass and drank it.  It was nothing short of wonderful and very easy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

That sounds good Liz. It wouldn't occur to me, to do that.

We ate the last of the rockfish on Sunday. I have no choice in the matter, I'll have to put the boat in and catch more. Last time I went out the starter quit and the wind was blowing me toward Hawaii for most of the afternoon until I got the kicker started. This time I'm going to see if it starts before I leave the harbor.

Neither one of us is into cooking. Grilled cheese tonight maybe.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 09, 2016, 05:57:52 PM
Same thing as last night for me.  It was good but I was tired of it and the dogs got a larger treat than usual.

Speaking of creamsicles , I bought a box full a couple of weeks ago.  They were good enough but I thought I could do better myself.  I squeezed fresh orange juice added the same amount of heavy cream, a big dollop of local honey and a bit of real vanilla extract.  I mixed it all well with my hand mixer, poured it into the molds, and stuck them in the freezer.  I made too much to fit in the molds so I poured what was left over into a glass and drank it.  It was nothing short of wonderful and very easy.

we have some Tupperware molds around here somewhere for doing things like that too....but more than not..we used Kool-Aid in them and made 'sicles' for the kids.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Just left-overs for me too.  I did make a batch of no-bake cookies though.  Going to share the green beans with the pleco fry...  LOL

Dennis