• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 11:06:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 852
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

Monday lunch....

Started by Mugwump, October 30, 2017, 12:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...found a bowl of good leftover brown gravy in the ice box......so I made a nice pile of hot gravy over bread.....zapped it a few and MMMMmmmmmm.....dayam good !!! ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...not sure yet...but it's getting closer to that time...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I've got a spatchcocked chicken with lemon, sage, and veggies in the oven.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 30, 2017, 02:30:17 PM
I've got a spatchcocked chicken with lemon, sage, and veggies in the oven.

..ah 'butterflying'.....cool.....do it yourself?....or butcher do it?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Barb

Never heard that word Liz, can you tell how to do it?
Barb

LizStreithorst

It's easy peasy.  You need a good pair of kitchen shears.  Turn the bird so it's back is facing you.  Take your shears and cut to the side of the tail all the way up to the neck, then do the same thing on the other side of the back bone.  You can freeze the back bone to use later if you like to make stock.

Then flip the bird over so the breast is on top.  Mash down on the breast bone to break it and the chicken will be whole but flat. 

It's easiet with a smaller bird but I did mine with a 4 lb. bird because it was the smallest my supermarket had.