• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 05:21:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 603
Total: 603

Welcome to Thursday...

Started by Mugwump, February 06, 2020, 04:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...lot'sa putz'n today......snow to shovel, fish room stuff, etc.....got another bag of snow melt yesterday so we're covered there... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Lots of putzing here too. Do have to get to Wally World to pick up some stuff I ordered but that's about it. Lots and lots of rain expected but I'll take it over the snow.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 06, 2020, 05:03:53 AM
Lots of putzing here too. Do have to get to Wally World to pick up some stuff I ordered but that's about it. Lots and lots of rain expected but I'll take it over the snow.

..unfortunately I'll like to have to run an errand too......but what the 'hey'... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Wow, what an evening and night last night.  As I was filling tanks there was a loud thunder and lightning and I swear I saw a flash of light by where I plug my power strips to the 5 cords I plug my heaters for my water storage containers in.  They are on an outside wall.  It tripped a breaker but I didn't see a scorch mark on the wall and the power strips still work.  Puppies came running trembling and panting in terror.

There was a big one during the wee hrs of the morning that woke me up.  The dogs piled on top of me in bed all a tremble.  I checked the fish room but no breakers had been tripped so we all got back into bed and listened to the rain come down in sheets.

I think it's mostly over.  The most fun part was in the afternoon when I watched the wind whipping the trees and shrubs back and forth.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 06, 2020, 06:11:16 AM
Wow, what an evening and night last night.  As I was filling tanks there was a loud thunder and lightning and I swear I saw a flash of light by where I plug my power strips to the 5 cords I plug my heaters for my water storage containers in.  They are on an outside wall.  It tripped a breaker but I didn't see a scorch mark on the wall and the power strips still work.  Puppies came running trembling and panting in terror.

There was a big one during the wee hrs of the morning that woke me up.  The dogs piled on top of me in bed all a tremble.  I checked the fish room but no breakers had been tripped so we all got back into bed and listened to the rain come down in sheets.

I think it's mostly over.  The most fun part was in the afternoon when I watched the wind whipping the trees and shrubs back and forth.

.....sounds like fun  :)....I like the part where the pups all congregate with you..lots of snuggles  :).....be safe, the weather gets weirder and weirder.....in the NW they're building Arks...
Jon

Ron Sower

...WOW, Liz...you have all the comforting you need with those pups...!

...today is the first Thursday, so we're heading back to Caliente in Florence to prepare for the baked potato bar for dinner...leaving in about 50 minutes...we decided that we'd keep our commitments to the things we were involved in at the old hood through this season...it's good to see the folks back there...

...I went back yesterday to grill the dogs, then spent the afternoon visiting people...today I plan to pick up a rent check...one was already mailed in...
...then Lucy's doing a practice meal to work out any kinks for the fashion show later this month...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Thing is, I love bad weather.  It's the silly dogs that get panicked.  It wasn't a problem this time but sometimes during a continuous thunder storm all night they make it hard for me to sleep.  Who can sleep with 5 small dogs on top or them trembling and panting?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Heidi was fine for years then started whining that little scared cry when she got older......we just hugged her up and she'd be fine as long as she laid down near to us,,,,,
Jon