• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 03:34:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 577
Total: 577

Friday

Started by Mugwump, January 31, 2020, 04:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...no Dr's appt's til next week....so we're putz'n around here today... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Putzing and cleaning. Some water changes possible.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..not getting much done here at the moment.... huh..but I did find a three prong adapter for Jan's plant lights  :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm a lazy bum so far.  10 o'clock and just now decided to get out of my jammies into real clothes.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 31, 2020, 10:07:42 AM
I'm a lazy bum so far.  10 o'clock and just now decided to get out of my jammies into real clothes.

...LOL....I just changed out of my loungers too......been drinking coffee and watching it snow, and just got hung up for a bit....LOL
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 31, 2020, 09:30:57 AM
..not getting much done here at the moment.... huh..but I did find a three prong adapter for Jan's plant lights  :)
...Lucy flew to Vegas today and will be back Monday evening...she and Barb are going to see the softball games our granddaughter is playing in...

...I've made a list of a bunch of things to get done today so tomorrow I can mostly concentrate on the swap and board meeting notes...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I did a couple of loads of laundry due to dog puke.  I went to the beer store for nicotine.  I've lost 2 of my vape devices in the past two weeks.  Pisses me off because I already spend too much on my vices.  The nice lady at the counter suggested another brand that cost $10. less.  It doesn't have the good pipe tobacco flavor that my old kind did, but it will due until I find the ones that I lost.  My house isn't a mess, and I know for sure that the old ones are in the house somewhere.  You'd think I'd be able to find them, but I can't.  I'll find them when I'm not looking.  It's always that way.

I fed the chickens their daily treat.  It's fun to watch them come a runnin' when I call them and search through the corn for the live meal worms, the it's not nice out so I didn't stay and watch them for long.

I bought some potted Italian parsley at the feed store yesterday and stuck it a container today.  It's a good time of year to plant parsley plants.  You should see my mint.  It's going crazy spreading and putting out new tender leaves.  I need to make some tabbouleh soon.  It's great along with pita bread and hummus.

I'm waiting for my catfish nuggest to fully defrost to make my air fryer catfish with cajun seasoning and Panko bread crumbs. I'm not crazy about this fancy toaster oven/air fryer.  I'll finally give it a chance by having it do what it was designed to do.  I don't use the toaster, the oven part was a disappointment, now to try the air fryer.

Mugwump

the vape pens are down in your couch cushions  :).....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I looked, but I could give a through look, I suppose.  The good thing about these new cheap ones is that they contain 1.8% nicotine compared to 2.4% for the good ones.  If only they had the same flavor I would switch.  Even with vapes a good flavor is what matters most. (second to the nicotine of course.)

Mugwump

LOLOLOL

Jon

wsantia1

I've been in the fishroom most of the day doing water changes and putzing. While in the middle of the wc a pair of plats began spawning after I drained about 50% of their tank.

I left them alone and this time it appeared to me that the mail was doing his business. Not trusting that they would not eat the eggs overnight, I pulled the spawn after they were tending to it about 7 hours. We'll see what it looks like in the morning. 
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 31, 2020, 05:43:16 PM
I've been in the fishroom most of the day doing water changes and putzing. While in the middle of the wc a pair of plats began spawning after I drained about 50% of their tank.

I left them alone and this time it appeared to me that the mail was doing his business. Not trusting that they would not eat the eggs overnight, I pulled the spawn after they were tending to it about 7 hours. We'll see what it looks like in the morning.

...very nice....now bring 'em home  |^|
Jon

Mugwump

..time to go read a spell...night all  :)
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 31, 2020, 05:53:14 PM

..clap, clap, clap!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 31, 2020, 08:16:00 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 31, 2020, 05:53:14 PM

..clap, clap, clap!...

Thanks Jon and Ron.
Willie