• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 10:29:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 568
Total: 568

Wednesday.....

Started by Mugwump, January 29, 2020, 05:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...nothing planned except Jan's procedure......they moved it up to 9am so we'll head out that way in about a couple hours...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Jan's procedure?  huh Wishing Jan the best.  |^| |^| |^|

Off of Jury duty. Yay.... It was interesting but the prosecution stunk as did the defense. In this case the prosecution had to prove it "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt" and didn't come close.

The guy spent the last 7 months in jail (couldn't make bail) on trumped up charges.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...'Procedure'?.....Jan's cataract surgery....the fitst eye..2nd in a couple weeks....

We're off....later folks  :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's raining after the most beautiful day ever yesterday.  I dug deep in the computer, which scares me to death, and pushed a bunch of buttons with fear in my heart, rebooted the 'puter and guess what?  It works ;D ;D ;D

I think I'll run to town and buy a few things and spend the day cooking.  I have a freezer full of lasagna, a bit of Paul's chicken, and a few servings of collards, and that's it.  I like more choices.  Plus, I'm out of cookies so it's time to make more of them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

All's well, and we're back home now.....another follow up appt. tomorrow morn...

.....we're just settling in now....fish fed, Manny fed, Da Sass fed, and I finished up a couple big loads of wash......... |^|.....now to find some lunch  :)
Jon

LizStreithorst

Tell me what she has to do at home, post surgery.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 29, 2020, 12:33:02 PM

..surgery itself is about 10-15mins tops

.can't drive..don't bend over at the waist...don't lift 20#s...don't get it wet....and don't sleep on your side that had the surgery done....that's about it.... huh....she still uses the drops tho for awhile to keep the eye moist....

...same for the other eye when done in a couple weeks
Jon

LizStreithorst

Thanks for the info.  I want to know what is involved before I do it.

I need new glasses so I have to go  to the optometrist  When he looks in my eyes I know that he will tell me what I already know.  I'm sure that I'll have to dig into my "old age" money to afford the co-payment, but I really need to be able to see better.  I feel like I always need more light.                                                               

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 29, 2020, 01:43:54 PM
Thanks for the info.  I want to know what is involved before I do it.

I need new glasses so I have to go  to the optometrist  When he looks in my eyes I know that he will tell me what I already know.  I'm sure that I'll have to dig into my "old age" money to afford the co-payment, but I really need to be able to see better.  I feel like I always need more light.                                                             

....all of that stuff moderates as time goes .....but the first few days, or so, she has to watch it....
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

..it's been a lomg day with another coming up tomorrow.....so I'm off to read a spell and relax...

Night all  :)
Jon

Ron Sower

...took the day off from "projects' yesterday and went to the owl neighborhood to visit some of our friends there...I'm missing them...they don't drop by for coffee here! :( ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 29, 2020, 01:05:42 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 29, 2020, 12:33:02 PM

..surgery itself is about 10-15mins tops

.can't drive..don't bend over at the waist...don't lift 20#s...don't get it wet....and don't sleep on your side that had the surgery done....that's about it.... huh....she still uses the drops tho for awhile to keep the eye moist....

...same for the other eye when done in a couple weeks
...how's Jan's eye doing today?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

....doing excellent!....heading out in a few to go to her follow up appt....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 30, 2020, 09:25:23 AM
....doing excellent!....heading out in a few to go to her follow up appt....
|^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron