• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 03:43:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,335
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 549
Total: 549

Happy Wednesday

Started by LizStreithorst, July 28, 2021, 10:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning my kind friends.  It will be another steamer here today but heck, it is July and I am in Mississippi...

I won't be doing much today although I feel surprisingly well after yesterday's work.  I want to pull some more dead cleome and plant some 4 o'clock seeds I found at the Dollar Store.  With luck I will have a very beautiful place to enjoy the natural world come fall.

I hope y'all have a lovely day with less old age pain today.  Nothing to be done about it but realize what is, is and to make the best enjoying what we still have while we still have it.

Hugs to all....
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi Liz, et. al.....

Clear blue skies and 95 currently with 33% RH right now...

Think I'll try try to type here and do some of my exercises at the same time!...not working...can't keep rep counts wfwf...

Back later...Buh-bye!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Ok...back now...finished exercises, got fresh water in my Yeti cup, talked with my Sis...icing my knee...

Lucy is teaching a card-making class right now...it's quiet and I'm doing pretty well with the cane today...yesterday's excursion was energy draining and I'm feeling some sore muscles in my thigh today...that's probably a good sign ;) ;)...

No fish or plant stuff going on here today or yesterday...didn't even have the energy or desire to go in with Lucy to feed them last night...it'll come back...

I did notice a couple days ago that there are fewer Congo tetras in tank...they are getting old and if they die and lay behind the thick plant growth the loaches get to them I suppose....

Hope all have a great day...happy aquariuming...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, you may want to try this.  It's what Tink's veterinarian takes.  She also had a knee replacement.  Her knee was swollen hugely and very painful.  The swelling went down and the pain lessened greatly when she tried it.  She swears by the stuff.  She suggested it for one of my dogs that all the vets and me were sure would need knee surgery.  She also put him on a med for pain and another and Glucosamine and Chondroitin.  All I know is one of the 3 worked for the dog.  I quit his pain meds and now just have him on the supplements.  He went from holding his leg up and not using it at all to walking and running without a limp.  If you try it and it does nothing for you you will have done no harm and wasted little money.

Congrats on the sore muscles.  That kind of pain is the kind that makes you stronger.

My Rainbow Fish in the office is loosing fish to old age as well.  Everybody falls hard for the Bosamani's but I would prefer to have only Millennium's and Dwarf Neons.  I'm not worrying about it now though because the tank still has lots of fish.  I wish I could breed Rainbows, I've tried a couple of times and failed both times.

https://www.amazon.com/NOW-UC-II-Type-Collagen-Capsules/dp/B014MHI0P8/ref=sxts_rp_s1_0?crid=5WR7WCMSC3LH&cv_ct_cx=undenatured+type+ii+collagen&dchild=1&keywords=undenatured+type+ii+collagen&pd_rd_i=B014MHI0P8&pd_rd_r=06121bdc-8409-4c6c-88ef-ebe0382f4996&pd_rd_w=xKSSX&pd_rd_wg=FlRoo&pf_rd_p=c6bde456-f877-4246-800f-44405f638777&pf_rd_r=RCZH3V7J64P430WGSHC7&psc=1&qid=1627499607&rdc=1&sprefix=undenatured%2Caps%2C245&sr=1-1-f0029781-b79b-4b60-9cb0-eeda4dea34d6

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz, Ron and everyone. Another hot day here today but the cold front is supposed to come through soon so I'll wait it out.

Went by the doggie day care this morning to level their tank. It was off by an inch which seemed like a lot to me. I needed quite a few shims to level it.

Now I am feeling lazy but I have housekeeping to do for out of town guest coming in this weekend. Luckily for me I only have a little bit of work to do but it will be a lot of work if I keep procrastinating. huh

Wishing you all a great day. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi friends, have had a busy day here helping my mom and now doing wc's.  Lis, I would love a tank of all neon rainbows someday.  Do you think they would live in my tap water?  I think they would be so beautiful in a planted tank.  Ron or Willie, have you ever had these?  Long ago I had a beautiful rainbow tank with about 6 varieties.  But never the smaller neon rainbows.   Hope you all have a good rest of the day, and I will wait to see if the severe thunderstorm predicted does come.  I have 3 hrs. left in the watch. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, they are said to thrive in hard water.  My water is just slightly hard with a carbonate hardness of just 4.5 amd a general hardness of 0 and they do fine.  I bet they would be even happier in your water.

I committed what I almost consider a mortal sin (it's a silly thing that real Catholics believe in).  I was tired out from preparing the soil and planting my wildflower seeds.  A lot of my tanks needed a very large WC today so I gave them what they were yearning for.  I hate to miss WC on my Discus tanks and my tanks with any type of fry.

wsantia1

Barb I had some rainbows last year but they didn't do well in my water.

I heard some thunder but so far no rain. The good thing is that we have a cloud cover and a nice breeze with a very bearable 84 degrees at the moment.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

I've had a few rainbows in the past, but didn't have them long....didn't have the room for them...loved the dwarfs...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron