• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 01:06:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 232
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219

Warmer Friday

Started by wsantia1, April 21, 2023, 06:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I hope you are all well. My back started acting up again yesterday so I basically did nothing. I am still a little stiff but I hope that I loosen up as I go about my day. Except for the discus tank I won't be doing much in the fishroom today.

It is currently 54 degrees under partly cloudy skies but the temp will climb to a high of 82F under sunny skies later today. That sounds like a beautiful day to me.

I do have a couple of errands to run so I may be able to get those done because they don't call for much physical activity from me. 

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in again later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie-man!!!

Glad your back is doing better today...hope it stays that way fo a while...

Speaking of working in the fishroom, I need to do some of that...WCs, wipedowns, putting stuff away, discarding stuff I don't use, etc...my new discus seem to be doing okay...I pulled all my red wag swordtails from the outside 125 yesterday and am acclimating them to my indoor water tds hardness which is about 1200 tds lower...yes we can chew our tap water here!!! ;D

Looks like we're in for another beautiful day with temp topping at 87 and blue skies...

We're going to Florence at noon to play cards, then this evening we're playing more cards back here with friends...

Tomorrow is an all day event - SAKE, the Southwest Aquarium Keeper's Event - which I attend and volunteer to help with ... speakers, silent auctions, live auctions and lots of good fish talking...it's coordinated and managed by Allan Semeit who is the head of the killifish group here...Arizona Rivulin Keepers...SAKE has been an annual thing for many years an Allan has been the ringleader all that time!...

See you here later...gotta get a couple things done before I go help Stan with his salt tank...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Wow Ron, TDS 1200 out of the tap? My TDS out of the TAP is 93. My PH is about 6.0 so I have a hard time with my guppies if I don't keep an eye on my crushed coral.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'd give my eye teeth (the 3 I have left) to have your water, Willie.  I could care less about guppies.

I'm on the what I hope to be the end of these 2 bad back days.  I did nothing yesterday, I'd I've done almost nothing today..   Because of that, all I have to say is that a nice big spawn of Black rams is just about to free swim.  the BBS will be ready in the morning.

See y'all tomorrow.  WC, horse feeding, and a hot bath are up for me next.  Then I'll really be tuckered out.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

That water was from the tank outside where I only topped off...it was actually 1800 when I brought the fish inside...tap water is around 350-500 depending on season of the year...my RO comes in at around 38ppm mist of the time...

Just got back from Florence where the other couple kinda cleaned our clocks :'(

Now for our next event today...don't know what game we'll play there...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron