• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 10:10:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 852
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 164
Total: 164

Tuesday Hello

Started by Barb, April 11, 2023, 07:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

2nd try.
Good morning friends!  At almost 9am it is only 37 and foggy.  Just a few days ago it was 90!  The rollercoaster ride continues.  At least my garden drought is over.

I have another busy day, starting with a nice walk in a local park near my neighorhood.  It has a smooh, paved walking trail, out in the open, and I go there often.  I sure am enjoying being able to walk without pain for the first time in decades.  Not kidding here, total truth.

You all have a good day, I am leaving here before it disappears again.
Barb

wsantia1

Good afternoon Barb and everyone. I thought I posted yesterday but it looks like I didn't or maybe I just logged off before I hit send. That's happened to me before.

Anyway it is currently 69 degrees and going up to 73F under completely sunny skies. We will only drop down to 54F tonight so it looks like Spring is finally in control of its own season.

I took Kobe to the groomer this morning and after I dropped him off I went to my ortho for a followup to my latest injection. It was a good visit where we discussed everything from surgery to acupuncture. We took surgery and PT off the table but left the chiropractor and the acupuncture on the table for further discussion. Have any of you done the acupuncture thing? If so, what were the pros and cons?

I'm back in the house now so I am getting ready to some WCs on the Discus after I finish this post. They all look good and it is almost moving day for them. I plan to put them in 75 but I won't until after my company leaves because I don't need any distractions while I do the move.

That's it for now. I did hit some keys on the keyboard accidentally but thankfully none of those keys were the ones that poof everything off of the screen.

Have a great day everyone and I'll check in on you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning, folks.  Barb I'm sorry about your crazy weather.  It seems like yours has settled down, Willie.  I think mine has, too. 

I did something I should not have the day before yesterday and it seems that I'm paying for it today.  I had a sack of horse food in the car and a horse who was ready for dinner.  I got on the scooter to bring it in.  The scooter was out of battery.  Rather than pouring out a bucket full, I picked the damn thing up and brought it in the house.  It wasn't far, but I had to put it down the moment I got to the threshold.  I had to make myself go into town and run necessary errands.  By the time I got home, I was done in.  Thank goodness all I had to to was reheat some leftovers for lunch.

Today I'm paying for both the feed sack and the trip to town.  I'm having a hard time making myself do anything that involves standing, and what doesn't? The first thing I did was take Pip's cone off, make your box for shipping tomorrow.  Sorry for the delay.  I think that cone was bothering me more than it did Pip, but it was necessary.

I got a load of laundry done and took it out on the scooter and hung it on the fence (I would fit in well with the Beverly Hillbillies).  I was really wanting to get to play in the garden so I broke down several boxes, put the thyme I bought in the basket, my cannabis seedlings on my lap and scooted to the garden.  I put the plants down, placed the cardboard and then I had to come in, take my drugs and sit.

I need to make lunch, but the drugs are kicking in.  Lunch will be easy...a mushroom, garlic, baby spinach, pasta recipe.

My best news is that my number 1 pair of Discus will spawn soon.  I've been waiting for so long for them to get in the mood.  This time I don't think that they're just teasing me.  They've been making love to the cone for 3 days now.  Her tube isn't down yet.  I will be overjoyed when I see her tube.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello gang!...
I've spent this morning so far doing some necessary tank MAINTENANCE, and a few of the 5 gallons I have in the fish room.... They were loaded with green water, and I couldn't even see the shrimp.... but I've been listening to Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson, and a few others on Google the whole time....

I need to take a break and get a wholesale fish list cleaned up so I can send to a couple guys who've been asking to buy from me.... I also need to get back to work on my tax preparation... I'll bet my accountant really hates me for always putting it off...

We're at 97° here right now and it should be the half of the day... Nice sunny sky and I really should be at the pool or in the hot tub!...

Not much else going on... Looks like you guys are all doing well... Barb, it's great that you can walk without pain... And Liz, you just keep on keeping on, don't you!...

I hope all of you are having a really good day... I'll check in the night see if anything has come up with anybody...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron