• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:55:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 578
Total: 578

Synodontis Petricola....

Started by Mugwump, October 07, 2015, 07:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..it seems that we've scored about 17 of these beauties..... |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

cool looking fish you got there

wsantia1

I am a big fan of them. I got a few at the Chicago swap a couple of years ago. Gave them up when I moved. Hopefully i can find some locally.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

They are one of my love at first sight fish. I've kept them from the get go.

Gale picked up some little ones in Chicago at the last swap.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 07, 2015, 07:54:40 PM
I am a big fan of them. I got a few at the Chicago swap a couple of years ago. Gave them up when I moved. Hopefully i can find some locally.

Some of these are in the 5-6 yr range, others are offspring......really gorgeous in person too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I really like my petricola. They are some pretty fish. Even if they are a rift lake species.
Scott

ilroost

Nice!! I got a pair in one tank and 5 juvies in another

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 07, 2015, 08:50:49 PM
I really like my petricola. They are some pretty fish. Even if they are a rift lake species.

Did you know that they will purposely time their own spawning with that of mouth brooders ??

Jon

Mugwump

...these guys go nuts over blood worms....WOW....threw a nice chunk in and it was attacked and gone....poof...
Jon

ilroost

Mugwump

I may part with a few of these??......pm me if interested....
Jon

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on October 08, 2015, 06:51:22 AM

Did you know that they will purposely time their own spawning with that of mouth brooders ??

Yes...their spawn is hatched and raised by the mouth brooding cichlids. The cuckoo bird of the fish world.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Yeah, I read that too, Pauline.  They're beautiful fish but I don't have the right environment for them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 11, 2015, 06:56:34 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 08, 2015, 06:51:22 AM

Yes...their spawn is hatched and raised by the mouth brooding cichlids. The cuckoo bird of the fish world.

Yep.....neat little creatures tho....
Jon

PaulineMi

I had a nine of them in my African cichlid tank. The tank was stacked with Texas holey rock. When the fish got fed the Synodontis Petricola would zoom in and out of rock openings competing with the cichlids for pellets. I really liked them but thought they were weird looking.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)