• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:30:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 493
Total: 494

Cory Morse CW032 spawned

Started by GeorgeG, September 06, 2015, 09:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeG

My Cory Morse CW032 spawned this week and I have the eggs covered with a fine mesh net against the glass. I don't have any small live food except newly hatched BBS but I was wondering if I can get by with some of the fine powered Golden Pearl food.

I got these Cories from a friend earlier this year after he told me he wasted too much time on them and done nothing for him. I have them in my cube tank by themselves and don't have another tank to move them into at the moment. I can set up a 10 gal tank this week for the fry after they hatch.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on September 06, 2015, 09:23:50 AM
My Cory Morse CW032 spawned this week and I have the eggs covered with a fine mesh net against the glass. I don't have any small live food except newly hatched BBS but I was wondering if I can get by with some of the fine powered Golden Pearl food.

I got these Cories from a friend earlier this year after he told me he wasted too much time on them and done nothing for him. I have them in my cube tank by themselves and don't have another tank to move them into at the moment. I can set up a 10 gal tank this week for the fry after they hatch.

bbs works well, and micro worms too....I'd think the crushed golden pearls would do, if that's all you have....you likely know, but remember cories don't have egg sacs...so they hit the world needing something to eat....even an algae covered rock from another tank might give them something to forage on...a piece of guppy grass weighted down too....they'll go after the microbes...

Capt'n Bob is the resident cory guy.....maybe he'll give a hint to what works, and not....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I raised my last batch of cories on nothing but Bob's powdered fry foods.  If you have leaves, they are fantastic at providing grazing surfaces for newly hatch fry too.

Best of luck with them!

Dennis

Mugwump

Leaves !!!!....excellent idea....and yes, Bob's fine foods work great too....not sure he had any....and not much time to get any either.....but....it'd  be good to have on hand for the next batch.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

Thanks for the help I will add some grass and leaves to the net. How long does it take for them to hatch I never had cory's before.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on September 06, 2015, 10:34:04 AM
Thanks for the help I will add some grass and leaves to the net. How long does it take for them to hatch I never had cory's before.

Pretty quick....3-5 days and you'll start to see some.....and they're small.....tiny.....teensie....LOL
Jon

GeorgeG

I can see they will be small just from looking at all the eggs

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on September 06, 2015, 11:00:30 AM
I can see they will be small just from looking at all the eggs

...oh....and very, very, very fast...... |^|
Jon

GeorgeG

What kind of leaves are you talking about. Here in Arizona we have Cactus very few trees and I don't think I have see an oak tree in 45 years

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on September 06, 2015, 11:34:15 AM
What kind of leaves are you talking about. Here in Arizona we have Cactus very few trees and I don't think I have see an oak tree in 45 years

even some aquarium plant leaves might help......
Jon

Rjb3

I've got Oak leaves and new improved powdered foods I could send if you're interested. Just shoot me an e-mail.

All my foods: Flake, Powder, and Granule are now fortified with my new Probiotic ingredient I call "Pro 9". Nine strains of Probiotic bacteria leads the industry.

BallAquatics

Quote from: GeorgeG on September 06, 2015, 11:34:15 AM

I mainly use Oak as they seem to last longer, but I've used all kinds.  I live on a heavily wooded lot and have leaves everywhere.  In about a month I'll have more than I know what to do with if you'd like some.   ;)

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 06, 2015, 12:38:44 PM
I've got Oak leaves and new improved powdered foods I could send if you're interested. Just shoot me an e-mail.

All my foods: Flake, Powder, and Granule are now fortified with my new Probiotic ingredient I call "Pro 9". Nine strains of Probiotic bacteria leads the industry.

+1  +1  +1.... |^|
Jon

ilroost

Go out and grab a couple pieces of dried cholla until you get the powder foods and leaves

GeorgeG

Thanks ilroost I have plenty of Cholla I have someone who buys a couple of hundred feet from me every couple of months so i will cut me a 1 inch piece