• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 06:34:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 756
Total: 757

What do you think of these fish?

Started by LizStreithorst, November 01, 2015, 07:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I went here to look at another strain but I didn't much like the ones he had.  These are the fish that caught my eye.  I've always been turned off by Ghosts but these turn me on.  I know something about Discus breeding but absolutely nothing about breeding ghosts.  I don't even know simple stuff like if all the kids would be ghosts or a bunch of mutts.

I'm sure you think that they're dull but they trun me on.  Post #35 http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?121710-PREVIEW-MEGA-57-strains-NOV-2015-Forrest-shipment-(Price-List-included)/page3
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I didn't know there was a ghost discus.  They look nice, i would like to see them growing out.
Scott

LizStreithorst

The quality is amazing.  They are so beautifully balanced.  You could cut one in half lengthwise flip it so it's dorsal was on it's ventral and both sides would be the same.  The tails aren't overly long.  The finnage of two of them next to perfect.  I sent an email to the seller inquiring about them.  I used to spend a bundle with him.  He'll remember me.  I'll get an email tonight or a phone call tomorrow.

wsantia1

Wow! I don't know much about Discus but they look awesome to me.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Those are sweet, Liz....good luck !!...nothing like a good winter project....yup
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I slept on it.  Here's the plan...

The LFS called me last week about some 3" to 4" Discus.  I have some PBs from the batch I chose Scott's fish and my keepers from that are not as good.  I offered them dirt cheep and to keep them for him for 2 weeks as he is getting them for an aquarium being set up in a restaurant.    Now...I also have 5 adult Discus of excellent quality that I no longer want.  I'd have to get $75 each for them because although the fish I want to buy aren't terribly expensive shipping will cost around $150. 

The LFS guy opens at 10.  I will call him then and ask if he wants the good ones or the crappy ones.  I'll offer to send him pics.  If he wants the good ones I'll buy the Ghosts.  If not, not.

As I expected, I had an email from Kenny in my in box this morning.  He said that he didn't know much about Ghosts because he never brings them in.  I took that with a grain of salt because the guy is very knowledgeable.  I did a bit of research myself last night and although there isn't much out there, I found out that Ghosts come from a mutation discovered in the fry of striated blues.  I expect that they'd breed true but are more often used to develop new strains.  We wouldn't have the Red Cover if not for a Ghost nor these new strains of multi-colored Discus like Koi and Nebula that Mug likes but I think are an abomination.

LizStreithorst

He wants pics!!!!! Keep your fingers crossed.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst