• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 11:45:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 737
Total: 737

Trying to buy a Discus

Started by LizStreithorst, June 20, 2015, 02:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Those aren't Red Covers, george :o ::) 8) ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

GeorgeG

You never mentioned Red Covers to me only my Rams. I no longer Red Covers I have sold all mine off

PaulineMi

The rams are gorgeous though.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

They are indeed!  I have some of their siblings.

But George, just so you don't think I'm a nut case:

Red Covers
? Sent to: GeorgeG on: June 21, 2015, 10:26:55 AM ? ReplyQuoteDelete
Do you have any for sale, George?

LizStreithorst

Jamie from "Spirits" finally sent me pics last night and we exchanged several emails.  Still having trouble getting her to understand which of the fish I want.  I'm sure that I write clearly.  Perhaps she has a lot on her plate and is distracted.  I'll phone her later today. 

LizStreithorst

I have called her several times and she does not answer her phone.  If you have fish for sale as a commercial thing not answering your phone, that you have listed on your sponsor sub forum just isn't right.  If you're in business and list your phone number you should either answer your phone or call back if you miss a call.  I'm going to bitch again on simple.

BallAquatics

You are being more patience than I would be Liz.  I agree completely, why would you offer up fish for sale and then repeatedly ignore potential buyers.  If the service is this bad before the sale, how bad will it get after the sale.

In short, they would be off my list of places I purchase fish.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 22, 2015, 04:52:02 PM
You are being more patience than I would be Liz.  I agree completely, why would you offer up fish for sale and then repeatedly ignore potential buyers.  If the service is this bad before the sale, how bad will it get after the sale.

In short, they would be off my list of places I purchase fish.....

Dennis

Bingo !! Dennis..........too many brain cells wasted over it already....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You don't know how hard it is for me to find a discus of the strain I want that is drop dead gorgeous.  But if I don't hear anything before bed time tonight I'll call the whole thing off and comment on her customer service on simple.  Not much else I can do other than contact her exporter directly.  DXDiscus is her 4 supplier in not  many years.   Now, I have an idea why >:(

GeorgeG

His dace book shows the Red Cover are out of stock

2) Red Covers- out of stock

https://www.facebook.com/discus.nate?fref=nf

LizStreithorst

Jamie just called after I left a semi snotty post on simple.  She said that she still has my first choice and the other I was considering left.  She said that they use led lighting which can make the color hard to judge.  The one that I though that was female was much redder in her tank than it was in the hands of Dexter.  She had it in with a bunch of PBs so I'm sure they'd adjusted the lighting to bring out the red in them.  I'm hoping for a male and a female Red Cover..  It's pretty easy to give an educated guess with reds, if you can see them in person taking lighting into consideration, but she won't guess.  She'll be sending me more pics.  I don't want to get an adult here and find out that it's had a sex change en route due do lighting ;)

Other sellers I've used have always been better at communicating and more forthcoming.  Dexter deserves better.  The man is a superb breeder.  Perhaps you should contact him to be an importer, George.

LizStreithorst

Jeeze, she just sent more tank pics of the ones she already sent me tank pics of.  Is this lady thick?  I asked her for a tank pic of the first fish I put my name on.  I wanted to talk to her on the phone because she didn't seem to know what I was asking with email.  Even after talking on the phone she still doesn't understand :o  Please tell me that I'm not as hard to understand as she makes me feel I am.  I write clearly, don't I?  Some of y'all have spoken to me on the phone.  Am I unintelligible? 

Barb

You speak well Liz, it is her.  Seems she may be in over her head with all of this?

LizStreithorst

She actually did send me a tank pic of the first fish I'd chosen just before she resent the pics of the other two once again.  I missed it.  It's not all her fault.  I've decided that the fish is a well colored male which is what I need most.  The others aren't that great although one might be a female.  I've asked her to send me a PayPal invoice. 

I'll be glad when I get the fish and this is over.  It's been hard on me and hard on Jamie.