• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 12:13:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 735
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 735
Total: 735

Trying to buy a Discus

Started by LizStreithorst, June 20, 2015, 02:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's from a new supplier of DXDiscus.  I put my name on it as soon as I saw it's pic on simple.  It's a male, an excellent male, very round and very large.

Tank pics of many strains never showed up as promised.  All communication is very very slow.  I'm not used to importers being so lax.  If I didn't really want this fish and the price wasn't so good, I'd call the whole thing off.  I still might, but the first shipment an exporter gets in is always the best shipment unless the importer sells a ton of fish and refuses to accept less than the best.   This fish is a very very good fish.  I sure won't find a better one at even twice the price.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Exporter is DXDiscus.  I think that he's in the Philippians.  His fish are superb.  I saw his show fish at an ACA where he whupped ass.  The importer is Arizona Discus.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 20, 2015, 03:36:49 PM
Exporter is DXDiscus.  I think that he's in the Philippians.  His fish are superb.  I saw his show fish at an ACA where he whupped ass.  The importer is Arizona Discus.

Isn't that George ??   PM him...??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

No.  George is Desert Discus.

Mugwump

Jon

lgelb

Importer is Spirits of the Amazon. I was turned because they didn't follow through with the pics they promised

Mugwump

Quote from: lgelb on June 20, 2015, 05:30:09 PM
Importer is Spirits of the Amazon. I was turned because they didn't follow through with the pics they promised

https://www.facebook.com/SpiritsoftheAmazon
Jon

LizStreithorst

Facebook is fine for those who use it.  They posted on simple where they are sponsors and had pics but promised more but the pics never showed up.  Perhaps they are too busy with being featured on Simple as the June spotlight members.  Good for them.  They won't do well if they don't do as they say and don't respond fast to their emails. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 20, 2015, 05:46:50 PM
Facebook is fine for those who use it.  They posted on simple where they are sponsors and had pics but promised more but the pics never showed up.  Perhaps they are too busy with being featured on Simple as the June spotlight members.  Good for them.  They won't do well if they don't do as they say and don't respond fast to their emails.

I know that you're not fond of FB...but their page is loaded with pictures....take a gander....??
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on June 20, 2015, 05:53:42 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 20, 2015, 05:46:50 PM

I know that you're not fond of FB...but their page is loaded with pictures....take a gander....??

They promised tank pics of all the strains.  They didn't do it.  If they can find time to answer the questions in the  member spotlight on simple they should have time to respond to a potential customer who is waiting to buy.  If they think that the sale is a done deal they need to think again.  The other importers I know don't make me wait...and wait...and wait.

Mugwump

Have you pointed this out on 'Simply' ??.....in a thread?....seems like new business screw ups to me, they'd better wake up.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I shot myself in the foot.  Post number 9. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?120198-June-2015-Member-Spotlight-Nate-and-Jamie-Elder-Spirits-of-the-Amazon.  But I phoned them to reserve this fish a week ago and they have not posted the pics they said they would nor have they responded in a timely matter to my emails. 

Hansie never did me this way, neither did Kenny, and neither did Mike Beals when he was selling Discus.  If you are in business you're in business and your number one priority should be taking care of your customers.

Mugwump

Well, someone had to ask, right?  ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Yes, but I could have done it more kindly and gently.  If they don't like it they won't sell me the fish.  There will be other big round male Red Covers in the sea.  I can wait.  You can bet your bottom dollar that DXDiscus is following the thread (evil grin)