• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 03:53:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 798
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 763
Total: 764

They Glow In The Dark

Started by PaulineMi, June 15, 2014, 01:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Well almost.  Grabbed an old light fixture for the QT tank.  I was surprised by the effect.....

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Very nice effect....great shots.... ;D.............plus pretty discus help a lot, and those are sweeeeet  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Thank you.   :)

Being a QT tank it's nothing fancy.  Half the top has a plastic Sterilite lid for a cover. The other half has a very old black half plastic, half calcium etched glass on top. The light is an old black plastic 10 gallon tank light with some kind of fluorescent bulb in it. It sure surprised me when I saw how the discus color popped under this contraption.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

BillT

QuoteIt sure surprised me when I saw how the discus color popped under this contraption.

I like it. You ould use this for a photo tank.

Lighting is really important for photography.
It is a striking contrast between the dark (and not much illuminated) background and the light hitting the fish at a good angle.
The background is unobtrusive and does not draw attention away from the fish. Removing the filter bits would enhance the effect.

Kinda reminds me of what it looks like when you are looking at a really dark sky, but your local location is well lit from behind you.

wsantia1

Great looking fish. That is also a great looking photo of them.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Pauline you have such beautiful discus. 
Scott

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

Thanks Bill, Willie, Scott and JR.