• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 12:39:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 613
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 542
Total: 542

Stocking up...

Started by Mugwump, August 19, 2014, 07:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..got food coming from Bob, brine shrimp eggs from 'Brine Shrimp Direct', cones from Barb, and baby bird formula/syringes/Tetra color flake from 'Drs Foster & Smith..... ;D....watch the sales folks as they're out there in the summer time... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.....maybe PetCo will have the 'buck' a gallon sale.....oops, did I just say more tanks ???.....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I have 8" black plastic bag liners coming from Jehmco and 1 1/2 lbs of live on the way from Dan.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

I have a new Jolly Ball on its way for my dog.   ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

I have 2 Aquaclear 70s coming from Foster & Smith along with a 30 inch versa top for one of my 29g. I got the 10% discount plus free shipping.  It will be here Thursday via UPS.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I forgot..I had HOT mag filters coming from 'Bib Al's' too.....Fosters & Smith came today, and the Big Al's filters.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

How much for the hot mags?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 19, 2014, 02:26:51 PM
How much for the hot mags?

I just ordered the replacement filters...after a while they get pretty flimsy...from being bleached out and all...I think Fosters has them for around $55..free delivery...Big Al's..the same....
Jon

LizStreithorst

How much did you pay for the particle filters?  I get mine here. http://www.petmountain.com/product//11442-502917/marineland-marineland-magnum-micron-cartridge.html
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 19, 2014, 02:48:04 PM
How much did you pay for the particle filters?  I get mine here. http://www.petmountain.com/product//11442-502917/marineland-marineland-magnum-micron-cartridge.html

About the same...$6.95.....I use Big Al's because they always have them, and all the parts too...a few years back they came thru for me on some impellers.....that at the time didn't seem to available elsewhere.....I've just stuck with them...
Jon

Mugwump

Bob's food
Barb's cones
Big Al's filters
Brine Shrimp Direct bbs eggs
Foster's and Smith bird fish supplies

All received  ;D..it's just like Xmas..all the goodies  ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on August 21, 2014, 09:42:39 AM
Bob's food
Barb's cones
Big Al's filters

Woohoo...!  It's a great day!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 21, 2014, 12:26:29 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 21, 2014, 09:42:39 AM
Bob's food
Barb's cones
Big Al's filters

Woohoo...!  It's a great day!

Yeah, I hate it when I run out of something that I shouldn't have....goes for household goods too....we're not hoarders, but like to keep that extra loaf of bread, COFFEE, etc......

Here's a good question....what do you folks keep extras of around the house and fishroom???
Jon

Ron Sower

Extras in work shop - tools I don't use (I can't resist them at yard sales!)
House - Flake fish food
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 21, 2014, 12:43:05 PM
Extras in work shop - tools I don't use (I can't resist them at yard sales!)
House - Flake fish food

LOL.....garage sales are a curse.... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

LOL.....garage sales are a curse.... ;D

No Kidding!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron