• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 11:29:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 539
Total: 539

PB marbles on the cone..

Started by Mugwump, September 29, 2014, 01:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 29, 2014, 04:44:59 PM
Next time then.  I'll be watching for news.  Do you still have that ps male?

he paired up with a nice pb marble female.....whether she's 'het' for pearl is yet to be determined tho....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I would very,very very much like to see a pic of the pair please, sir.  He's pp.  I don't care if she is p nothin'.  The gene will be in the fry. 

The joy isn't having the result handed to you on a silver platter, you know...Reinventing the wheel doesn't bother me in the least.  I get my pleasure from the process not the result.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I had a better one on here somewhere...but I tried to snag another....the 'pearl' doesn't show much here..........that male PB marble pariaba sports a few 'pearl' markings too...(pair vid above)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Oh my word.  The fish nearly makes me pee my pants.  How about a pic of his beloved?

You said something that I don't understand.  I was under the impression that the pearlscale gene was a simple recessive and either it expressed fully or not at all.    If that's the case how can a fish show a few pearl markings? 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 29, 2014, 06:13:19 PM
Oh my word.  The fish nearly makes me pee my pants.  How about a pic of his beloved?

You said something that I don't understand.  I was under the impression that the pearlscale gene was a simple recessive and either it expressed fully or not at all.    If that's the case how can a fish show a few pearl markings?

Pearl scale sometimes doesn't show up well on angels with genetically marked expressions...only where some markings aren't shown.....look at a pearl smokey...some of the smokey pattern will not show pearl well...here the marble gene is at play, disrupting the pearl from completely expressing.........some of your pearl HB's should have random voids where the color from the melanin layer overrides it, as in the black area itself.......

It's not that pearl isn't there sometimes, but that it's very difficult to discern because of the darker scale color too..
Jon