• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 491
Total: 492

Plats are back on track....

Started by Mugwump, June 21, 2014, 07:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 18, 2014, 09:10:22 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on July 14, 2014, 12:33:12 PM
Plat and Smokey Paraiba wigglers so far.  Paraibas are about 6 hours behind the Plats. lol  ;D ;D ;D

Mutiny has started for a few of the Plats & Paraibas. ;D Started a batch of BBS so I will be ready.  Paraibas are in a 55 with a partition separating them from a Mana X pair (that have wigglers also) but I may transfer some of the fry into the Plat tank for fostering. ???  Do you all think that could work?  ::)

Sure, a lot of pairs will foster raise....if that's a grid divider, they'll probably swim back and forth anyway.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 18, 2014, 01:19:00 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on July 18, 2014, 09:10:22 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on July 14, 2014, 12:33:12 PM
Plat and Smokey Paraiba wigglers so far.  Paraibas are about 6 hours behind the Plats. lol  ;D ;D ;D

Mutiny has started for a few of the Plats & Paraibas. ;D Started a batch of BBS so I will be ready.  Paraibas are in a 55 with a partition separating them from a Mana X pair (that have wigglers also) but I may transfer some of the fry into the Plat tank for fostering. ???  Do you all think that could work?  ::)

Sure, a lot of pairs will foster raise....if that's a grid divider, they'll probably swim back and forth anyway.... ;D

My plan was to take a few Paraiba fry from the 55 and move them to the 29 that has a pair of plats tending to new free swimmers.  The 55 is divided by an egg crate so they fry can go back and forth in there.  The Mana X pair in that tank should have free swimmers tomorrow.  ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Update: These are coming, along especially the Plat fry. The Paraiba fry I've never had any luck with but it looks like I'll have a few to grow out.  Ventrals are coming in and a few are just shy of pea size. I will have a lot of culling to do (mostly belly sliders) which I've already begun. 8)
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 30, 2014, 07:10:04 AM
Update: These are coming, along especially the Plat fry. The Paraiba fry I've never had any luck with but it looks like I'll have a few to grow out.  Ventrals are coming in and a few are just shy of pea size. I will have a lot of culling to do (mostly belly sliders) which I've already begun. 8)

With some pb fry, especially Pariabas, it helps a lot to reduce turbulence to a minimum...with some Pariaba/Pariaba pairings..think Plat pearl scale...they can be dicey.....good luck
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 30, 2014, 07:16:32 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on July 30, 2014, 07:10:04 AM

With some pb fry, especially Pariabas, it helps a lot to reduce turbulence to a minimum...with some Pariaba/Pariaba pairings..think Plat pearl scale...they can be dicey.....good luck

Thanks Jon. I remember reading that somewhere.  I'll do just that.  My HOB is at minimum (has a pre filter) but my sponge filter is cranking it out. LOL  ;D ;D ;D.  Over all I'm somewhat pleased.  It's been quite a few months since I've had enough fry to be able to pick & choose keepers and I think I'll get some from these. ;D ;D ;D
Willie