• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 05:51:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 558
Total: 558

Plats are back on track....

Started by Mugwump, June 21, 2014, 07:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....popped a nice one on the slate a bit ago... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That's nice Jon. I have to move my tank that the plats are in. It's about 2" off the floor and I haven't had luck with anything I put in there.
Scott

wsantia1

My Plats are  spawning on the slate in their own tank (29g) as I am typing this.  Wish me luck.  ::) 8) ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 12, 2014, 12:15:43 PM
My Plats are  spawning on the slate in their own tank (29g) as I am typing this.  Wish me luck.  ::) 8) ;D

While I was busy watching my Plats spawn, I turned around and looked in my 55g and saw that my Smokey Paraiba pair are spawning in the area that I recently removed my Plats from. :o 

The eggs from Paraiba pair have a yellowish look to them (almost golden hue) while the Plats are clear. I need to put up the egg crate divider in the 55 when I think they are finished. ::)

Funny thing is there is no precipitation in the area.

P.S. The Mana X are now also cleaning their slate in that 55. ??? lol. 
Willie

Mugwump

Boomba!!!!!,,,fry explosion.... ;D..good luck there Willie  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Sounds like you may end up with a need for more tanks real soon..
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on July 12, 2014, 02:19:22 PM

I have a few in dry dock ready to be put to use. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 12, 2014, 02:53:28 PM
Quote from: PaulineMi on July 12, 2014, 02:19:22 PM

I have a few in dry dock ready to be put to use. ;D ;D ;D

LOL...I knew ya did....LOL......are you on the ground floor?..
Jon

wsantia1

I wish I was on the ground floor. I am going to have to spread some.tanks around.[emoji2]
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 13, 2014, 07:11:19 AM
I wish I was on the ground floor. I am going to have to spread some.tanks around.[emoji2]

LOL...balcony tanks??.. ;D ;D ;D ;D...make tank hangers.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 13, 2014, 07:33:33 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on July 13, 2014, 07:11:19 AM

LOL...balcony tanks??.. ;D ;D ;D ;D...make tank hangers.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL ;D ;D ;D
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 12, 2014, 01:00:08 PM

I've been out of town for the last 24 hours and when I came home I discovered that the Mana X are now tending to a spawn.  From the looks of it, it appears that they too spawned yesterday. ::) If all goes well,  I too will make the same offer to members that Ed and Liz previously made.  Free.  Just the cost of shipping.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 13, 2014, 01:59:11 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 12, 2014, 01:00:08 PM

I've been out of town for the last 24 hours and when I came home I discovered that the Mana X are now tending to a spawn.  From the looks of it, it appears that they too spawned yesterday. ::) If all goes well,  I too will make the same offer to members that Ed and Liz previously made.  Free.  Just the cost of shipping.  ;D ;D ;D

LOL....I have a bunch of dimes now... ;D from mom/pop of your pair ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Plat and Smokey Paraiba wigglers so far.  Paraibas are about 6 hours behind the Plats. lol  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 14, 2014, 12:33:12 PM
Plat and Smokey Paraiba wigglers so far.  Paraibas are about 6 hours behind the Plats. lol  ;D ;D ;D

Mutiny has started for a few of the Plats & Paraibas. ;D Started a batch of BBS so I will be ready.  Paraibas are in a 55 with a partition separating them from a Mana X pair (that have wigglers also) but I may transfer some of the fry into the Plat tank for fostering. ???  Do you all think that could work?  ::)
Willie