• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:51:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 563
Total: 563

Half black pair arrived

Started by LizStreithorst, August 30, 2017, 02:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

They're a beautiful classic silver half blacks.  I just got them tanked.  I'll take pics once they settle in.  I was so worried because I could tell that he didn't have a clue about shipping.  I read feedback and some guy said that English was not his first language.  I think that might be the case because communications, though prompt were somewhat confusing.

Let me tell you how the packed the fish...The box was heavy.  It was taped so securely that it took time, and work.  (I guess it really should be like that but most boxes are easy to open.)  There was no padding in the box because none was needed.  The bag took up the entire box!  I could tell by the feel that the that it was 3 mil bags and could see that the fish were tripple bagged.

Once the fish were tanked I had to measure the bag.  The bag was 20"!!!!!!  I have had huge Discus shipped to me and I've never seen a bag so big in my life!  Both fish were shipped in the same huge bag and there was a piece of sponge in the bag that is supposed to have beneficial bacteria it.  The styro was a real fish box much larger than the Hansie box I've used but smaller than a standard fish box.  I wish I had 20 styros like it.

While I've been writing to you the back of my mind was thinking about writing my feedback about the guy on Aquabid.  I consider it a duty to leave feedback on Aquabid.  Y'all even help me before I've posted.  I like that.  I will leave positive feedback, of course.  I'll focus on the quality of the pair I received.  I'll contact him via email and ask him if he would like me to help him to a bundle on shipping costs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..BOOMBA !!!....glad they arrived ok  ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Glad they made a safe arrival Liz. Wish you the best of luck with them.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

pwsusi

congrats and good luck with them. please share pictures once they settle in.

LizStreithorst

Thank you, pwsusi.  I will  do my best to do right by them.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 30, 2017, 05:45:28 PM
Thank you, pwsusi.  I will  do my best to do right by them.

...he be 'Paul'...... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I have a good feeling about Paul, regardless of what he calls himself here.

LizStreithorst

I have a good feeling about the guy who sent me the half blacks.  He belongs to a fish club with many experienced shippers.  He said that they laughed at him when he told them that he shipped a pair of Angelfish in a 20" bag.  He works at a hospital and the lab throws those killer styros out ever day, and he gets his bags for free.  I gave him the slightest touch of my strange of humor and asked him if he could tape some of those killer styros together and send them to me.  He says that he'll see what he can do and will be back in touch.  I want to get my hopes up but I won't. 

wallace

Liz can you tell me the inside dimensions of the hospital styro box? Is it a real good size?

Dan

LizStreithorst

L 13"  W 10 1/2"  D 9"  It's a lovely styro with a tight fitting lid.  The hospital the guy works in throws them away daily.  They get lab supplies in them.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 31, 2017, 09:48:43 AM
L 13"  W 10 1/2"  D 9"  It's a lovely styro with a tight fitting lid.  The hospital the guy works in throws them away daily.  They get lab supplies in them.

...is that O.D. ?
Jon

wallace

I can get hospital boxes and I have a pile of the smaller ones.
Dan

Mugwump

I have a bunch too....but 14 X 10 X 10.....some are very thick walled and don't leave a whole lot of room except for singles or smaller fish/fry , etc.
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on August 31, 2017, 09:52:27 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 31, 2017, 09:48:43 AM

...is that O.D. ?

ID.  I get free full size fish boxes from the wholesaler but this is the first time I've seen a pre-made medium size box.  I want more!