• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 01:56:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 508
Total: 509

Harrumph!!!!!

Started by LizStreithorst, February 15, 2014, 05:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I figured it out.  I don't to tell what was wrong.  It's bad enough knowing that I can be stupid.  I don't need for the world to know.  I should have RO galore tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 18, 2014, 04:44:01 PM
I figured it out.  I don't to tell what was wrong.  It's bad enough knowing that I can be stupid.  I don't need for the world to know.  I should have RO galore tomorrow.

;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Just slap me upside the head.  I found out when I took the second membrane apart that there was an 0 ring in the cap of the first membrane which was missing from the second membrane.  I called myself an insulting name.  Yesterday and today I drove to plumb nearly looking for an O ring of the right size.  No luck.  Then I tried Bill's trick with the silicone.  That didn't work either.  The leaking was small but no product or waste kept coming out >:(  I found a 100 gallon unit on ebay.  It was only $100. with free shipping. I just couldn't not buy it. 

I know this should have been an easy fix but it whupped my arse and I gave up.  (hanging head in shame)

Mugwump

Hmmm.you'd think a good hardware store, or plumbing shop would have a variety of 'O' rings to choose from....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I went to 7 places in 2 different cities.  Bill's silicone fix worked well. There must have been something else wrong that I just couldn't see.  It's OK.  I'll have all these parts from my old one now. 

I had to do something.  My Discus eggs didn't hatch in the waste water from my dehumidifier.  Frank was right on that.

Mugwump

...at least it's working now.... ;D....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I never told ya'll how this all worked out.

After I made a silicone 0 ring that worked and I still got no output the dang thing had whupped my ass.  It wasn't until I bought a new unit I found out that what Mug said in his first reply was correct.  It was back pressure from the membrane.  I'd ruled that out because I replaced the membranes several months before.  I found out because I figured I had 2 nearly new membranes on my old unit I put one of my existing membranes in the hew unit.  I got no out-put!!!  I tossed that membrane and put in the second in line on my old unit.  It worked!!!!!!  The big problem was a clogged membrane. 

It gets under my skin when I can't fix what I feel I have the brains to fix.  I can't rest until I see where I went wrong.  Figuring this one out took a long long time.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 05, 2014, 07:07:47 PM
I never told ya'll how this all worked out.

After I made a silicone 0 ring that worked and I still got no output the dang thing had whupped my ass.  It wasn't until I bought a new unit I found out that what Mug said in his first reply was correct.  It was back pressure from the membrane.  I'd ruled that out because I replaced the membranes several months before.  I found out because I figured I had 2 nearly new membranes on my old unit I put one of my existing membranes in the hew unit.  I got no out-put!!!  I tossed that membrane and put in the second in line on my old unit.  It worked!!!!!!  The big problem was a clogged membrane. 

It gets under my skin when I can't fix what I feel I have the brains to fix.  I can't rest until I see where I went wrong.  Figuring this one out took a long long time.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....I like your spirit.....the old 'I can make it work".... ;D
Jon