• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 05:18:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 543
Total: 543

Finished fish room project. Pics as promised

Started by LizStreithorst, September 22, 2013, 02:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'm not sure what order I have the pics in, but my project is finished.  Cleaning up my mess was the least fun part.

My top 250 gallon water storage was plumbed for water by a real plumber when I first set up the fish room.  I needed to install another 20 unit pump and plumb air to it, the blue water storage containers, the brine shrimp hatcheries, and the 75 gallon.  I had to plumb incoming water to the 75. 

The rack the 75 gallon is on was first a stand,a before I had the fish room built, afterward a work bench, and is now back to being a stand.  As you can see there is room on the bottom for a 100 gallon :)  The white work bench was a tank stand in the house.  Then I had it in the laundry room being storage and a flat surface to put laundry on.   Now it's a work bench and has fish stuff storage underneath.  Suddenly I have room in the laundry room for a dryer and a smaller flat surface for laundry.

Then there are the 2 100 gallons I repaired.   One has fish in it and the other is empty.  Imagine, an empty 100 gallon tank!
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

2 more

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

LizStreithorst

Thank you gentlemen.  I consider it not half bad for a self taught amateur.

P4Angels2

BillT

PaulineMi

Good job Liz.  I'm still amazed that you were able to move those big tanks.  I start getting muscle spasms in my back just thinking about it.  You are a strong lady.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Looks like a super job, well done Liz.....the satisfaction of having it finished is great, huh?....pop some tunes on, crack a cold one, sit back, and enjoy....you deserve it  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: PaulineMi on September 22, 2013, 04:34:57 PM
Good job Liz.  I'm still amazed that you were able to move those big tanks.  I start getting muscle spasms in my back just thinking about it.  You are a strong lady.

I've always been active.  Never had a desk job.  I thinks that it has helped now that I'm old.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 22, 2013, 05:06:48 PM
Quote from: PaulineMi on September 22, 2013, 04:34:57 PM

I've always been active.  Never had a desk job.  I thinks that it has helped now that I'm old.

'old'?????what is this word old young lady?????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Well done Liz!  Still can't see how you lifted those tanks alone.  And you aren't old.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Let's agree on a couple of things.  I am 62 3/4 years old.  I call that old.  But when I set my mind to doing something I can do it.  After all these years I have a pretty good idea of what I can tackle myself and what I have to hire pro's for.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 22, 2013, 05:59:52 PM
Let's agree on a couple of things.  I am 62 3/4 years old.  I call that old.  But when I set my mind to doing something I can do it.  After all these years I have a pretty good idea of what I can tackle myself and what I have to hire pro's for.

LOL....I'm 68.....69 in the spring... ;D.....so young lady, remember what Hunter said....and keep it up ;D
Jon