• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 01:35:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 639
Total: 639

Rule changes...??...Simply

Started by Mugwump, February 17, 2017, 07:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I don't sell on Simply, but it's odd that Al would require you to be a paying member in order to sell, trade, or offer fish ...??

"In order to start a thread in these sections you will have to be a Premium Member. It does not matter what level. Details on this program are here.http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?104050
Basically at the Lowest Level for starting a thread here will cost you $25.00. If you are currently a Silver, Gold,Homesteader, or Platinum Level member it will not affect you as you will have access to posting in these sections automatically as a Thank you for your financial support. Sponsors,Admin, and Moderators are also automatically granted access.

This kind of system is used on many forums."

....what other forums?   I know some club forums need you to be a dues paying member...GCCA for example.......is it the $$$'s ?....does he know that folks will be pushed to sites like Facebook?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

I don't have a clue how much it costs to operate a forum. Does this mean the existing forum membership hasn't been enough to cover costs?  huh
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on February 17, 2017, 10:54:29 AM
I don't have a clue how much it costs to operate a forum. Does this mean the existing forum membership hasn't been enough to cover costs?  huh

You don't need to pay at Simply to be a member, but he has a tiered $$$ membership for folks, and sponsors too....

Dennis and I, kinda 'wing' it here, unless someone, or a sponsor, donates......we're not looking to make anything, just keep it going.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Al depends on the forum as part of his livelyhood.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

I got a paid membership because its the only way I can see a lot of the pictures.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Really???  I've never paid and have always been able to see all the pictures!!!!  Mug, you don't pay and you can see pics, right?

Al finally decided that I'm OK.  I suppose we have come to an agreement without sitting down and hashing it out.  It happened little by little.  When he make the rule change he told me that he'd change my status to a premium status so I can have access.  The only way I will ever pay is if I decide to sell small Angels there.  I doubt that it will happen.  If I want to give money I will give it.  The only times I've felt a duty to send money to Al was when I sold Discus there.  I gave 10%.   And the time I wanted to buy a jpeg of a photo that Pat took so I can have it printed out, framed and put on my wall.  Pat asked for a small donation to the forum.  I sent $25. because that's what having the pic was worth to me.

Mugwump

No, I've never paid...and I can see the pics, etc...
Jon

wallace

Quote from: Mugwump on February 17, 2017, 03:01:29 PM
No, I've never paid...and I can see the pics, etc...

That's odd. I would have to let it lapse to see how the pics were not showing up, I don't remember now. Maybe all membership does is get rid of the ads on some operating systems.

If these Rams would get busy I would want to sell them there. F1 would be good tankmates for wild discus.

Dan

LizStreithorst

You can get rid of the ads with Ad Block Plus.